07 Jan Looking into My Goals for 2022
Happy Friday friends!
I mentioned today I was going to be writing about my goals or aspirations for the New Year. I don’t think along the lines of “New Year New Me” but rather, what are some things I would like to accomplish or do this year. Do you set New Year Goals, or do you let the chips fall where they may?
I don’t say resolutions, but rather goals, which I can break down into achievable smaller goals in various areas of my life.
I think it is silly with the usual resolutions – where the same one’s pop-up year after year. ie..lose weight, join the gym, eat healthier etc. None of these are specific either. Not to mention you tend to “beat yourself up” if you don’t accomplish them.
One should take stock of what is important in life (to you) anytime, not necessarily just on New Year’s.
I’ve been thinking about some things I would love to do this year of 2022.
- Buongiorno! I have been studying Italian on Duo Lingo. I have been working on vocabulary and some common phrases for about 6 months. I love it, as it is fun, engaging, and I hope to use some of the phrases for our Anniversary trip to Italy. ( if we go- Darn Covid!)I would like to finish Unit 1 by the end of the year. (Specific goal) Comprendere? ‘READ THE POST – PHRASES I WOULD FIND USEFUL ON OUR TRIP TO ITALY
- Guitar – choose a piece that I would learn from start to finish. Review Jazz chords. Play JUST for Fun!
- Social Media- limit to 2 hours a day. Otherwise, family time falls short! ( hmmm. does watching animal videos count?)
- Creating a new blog space- new look. I have joined LTKI, to work on more affiliate income.
- Find time to continue sketching using charcoal pencils. (My dad was artistic!)
- Work on not being so hard on myself. I am very critical (as many of us are) of myself in different ways. This has held me back when it has come to playing my guitar. Instead of just playing for enjoyment, I find fault in my performance. It certainly can hinder how we feel about ourselves, if the internal dialogue isn’t positive.
- Since I was on heavier medications for my EDS for 11 years, it has been some time that I drove. Now that I am off many of them, I will take the car out several days a week to enjoy the independence!
- Molto Importante- (very important!) Plan our trip to Italy for October 2022. This trip was supposed to be for our 20th Anniversary but has been postponed due to Covid. I am concerned about what restrictions may be there and if it will impede our trip.
- Explore new places (restaurants, hiking spots) in our own area. Any restaurants with one name are preferred. LOL (STIR, FORK, COPPER) aren’t they hip? 🙂
- Purchase more fashion on Poshmark or on-line thrift stores. READ BLOG POST- WHAT IS POSHMARK AND HOW TO SHOP THERE.
- Help my brother and sister-in-law move in and enjoy spending time with them here in NC!
- Cook with Blue Apron several days a week, and 2 days use recipes. Continue to eat healthy foods- more protein, (chicken and fish) ( I really could be pescatarian!) and be mindful of foods I cannot eat due to Gastroparesis.
- Drink more wine. (Just kidding!) wanted to see if you made it this far 🙂
- Work on building more strength, muscle and endurance this year. My endurance has increased since last year- ie. jogging on the treadmill, as has my strength. I’m looking to lift heavier this year and alternate my home gym workout with going to the gym for use of machines and /or classes. Strengthening helps the muscles when you have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome as weaker muscles develop trigger points.
- Spoil Gibson and Truffles like there is no tomorrow! Oh, wait we do that all the time 🙂
I’d love to hear of some of your aspirations for the New Year! Let me know in the comments.
Have a great weekend!