Have to let the neighborhood know, he’s the Birthday Boy!
Welcome to the My Refined Style Linkup! I have to say, I have enjoyed styling my khaki shirtdress different ways, but absolutely love color in my wardrobe! I think I have most colors in my closet and I was due to wear a colorful floral dress!
Today is my boy ( fur) Gibson’s, birthday and mine is tomorrow. Each year, we buy him and Truffles my girl, some special food from Target, that is their absolute favorite. My boy spins in circles, Truffles will lick the bowl until it shines. It is really hard to believe he is 5! They both have brought me such joy. Gibson is a true “Mamma’s Boy”. He follows me everywhere, is my shadow, lays on piles of towels in the bathroom when I take my daily bath, lays under my chair, and is just there for me. Both my pups are just so much fun, we smile and laugh every day with them at their personalities and the things they do. So, Gibby turned 5 today, tomorrow I turn 48. Before I get into something about my boy, I thought I would talk about what I wanted to wear on my Bday post. I have tried many different looks this year, some of them trends. Safari/shirtdresses, printed shorts/jackets, maxi dresses, striped dresses, but wanted to wear one of my favorite dresses you have yet to see on the blog. This dress is from “Paper Dolls” on ASOS, and I fell in love with the vintage inspired look and collar, the v-back and the purple, peach and pink print. This is a bodycon dress, so it fits to one’s shape. I thought the perfect shoes were these fun purple and cream t-strap shoes by B.A.I.T Footwear. My clutch, a soft blush pink was the perfect touch. We are celebrating soon by going to the Outer Banks beaches in NC, about a 6 hour drive. I can’t wait! We have picked out some great restaurants to celebrate such as one titled 1587, a place along the water, and am ready for a relaxing trip. The pups are coming with us, as we are staying at a pup friendly BNB soon.
Since he is 5- 5 things about Gibby
- He loves baby carrots. When I say “Carrot!” they get excited and jump up and down.
- He must know where mommy is at all times and gives his sister “kisses” on her fur!
- He has an internal clock for when its time to eat and does the “stare down” with his sister in the morning, until Mom gets out of bed.
- He catches rubber balls in his mouth from a distance, as well as tiny treats!
- He gives tons of kisses, and will stop when I say, “Let’s talk!”
I Had to get my little Truffles in there as he loves his big sister!
Now, I will go on to say 48 things about me,( Kidding!) but rather 5 you may not know.
- I was the tallest kid in my class in elementary and middle school. ( besides one boy) Being the new kid, they called me “Abdul” for Kareem Abdul Jabbar My dad used to call me “Stretch”
- Prior to EDS, just a few months prior, I was training for a triathalon.
- One of my favorite all time singers is Louis Prima. ( check out his song ” When You’re Smilin’ ) but I love to sing in the car to Journey, Pearl Jam, lots of other rock bands.
- I am obsessed with British Mysteries, am missing the Good Wife, and wish Penny Dreadful went on another season or two!
- I love the beauty of the ocean, and fell asleep on a raft when I was younger. As I woke up there were flying fish around me, and my mom panicking on the beach. ( the lifeguard called me in)
We will soon be celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary . I am so ready for a vacation! I will be sharing what I have in my beach bag and also just want to begin our Bday celebration with a toast! “Cheers, thanks for being such wonderful blogging friends, and here is to being 48 🙂
Now on to our lovely hosts and fun linkup- My Refined Style- Stop by and say hello, and leave some comments
Linking Up with Visible Monday, Still Being Molly, Not Dressed as Lamb SHoe andTell , How I Spring Manic Monday, Monday MingleLinkup with Lisa Tues: Garaytreasures Link Up Style Sessions,Walking in Memphis Bless Her Heart Wed: The Pleated Poppy, Get Your Pretty On, Style Me Wednesday Watcha Wearing Wednesday, Jersey Girl Texan Heart Trendy Wednesday Momsmorningcoffee Thurs: A Labour of Fashion,Reason to Dress, Throwback Thursday Friday:Passion 4 Fashion ,Style Elixer Fun Fashion Friday / Forage Fashion, My Fancy FrIDAY
Outfit details: Dress: Paperdolls by ASOS ( last yr), shoes, B.A.I.T Footwear, Clutch: GIGINewyork, vintage pin, earrings: jewel box boutique.
Please Be Kind…Don’t Forget To Add The Button Or Link Back In Your Linked Post.
Monthly Fashion Over-40 Linkup.
Women shouldn’t have to follow a set of rules once they reach a certain age. However, the over-40 woman does develop the confidence to refine her own personal style and that’s what My Refined Style is all about!
Meet Your Hosts
Please Follow Your Hosts on their blog or Bloglovin’ and/or their other social media links!
Grab the My Refined Style button for your website!
• Visit at least two other links and share the ♥ by leaving a comment.
• Please link to your post and not to your blog home page.
• You may share a promotion you have found as long as it is part of your post.