If you celebrated, I hope you had a fun Halloween last night! The kids in our neighborhood got a kick out of the costumes.
I was in the mood to share a bit more today and thought it might be a fun post this Friday. Those of you that have been with me for awhile, know that I graduated with a degree in Music Performance and a Master’s Degree in Education. I have taught and played guitar ,love fashion, and turned 51 this past summer. Here are some new bits about me you might not know.
- Everyone has pet peeves. I am not fond of the word “Super” and how it has infiltrated into our American culture. and mainstream vocabulary. The word “very ” doesn’t seem to exist anymore! It drives me a little crazy!
- Lonnng BEFORE I met my hubby, I used to date a professor of Linguistics at the college in which I was attending for my Master’s Degree. He was 13 years older than I, and lets just say it was a bit awkward when he came and met my parents. Whoops!
- I taught Pro -Football Hall of Famer- Reggie White the Lap Harp! Picture this rather large man coming into the music studio and sitting with me in a cramped studio, where he rested his lhap harp.! He was a nice guy!
- Barry Manilow was ( my best friend and mine) Music Crush in 4th grade! My friend bought me an album with his face on the record, that we could watch as it would spin. Oh, Barry!!
- My Dad used to call me, “Stretch” – for my height and long legs.
- I once waited on the comedian, Andrew Dice Clay when I worked for The Original Cookie Company in downtown Pittsburgh as a teenager.He said, “Hey, Yo, can I have some chocolate chip cookies?” ( He had an entourage)
- In my early 20s, I used to be a Soap Addict. I loved The Young and the Restless and Guiding Light.
- I thought growing up I would be study journalism and be on the News. I used to use a hairbrush to pretend I was an anchor. ” This is Jessica Reid ( maiden name) coming to you live from my mother’s basement.”
- Even though I am Ukrainian , I hate Borscht. My great grandma would make it often when we visited. I do love however, keeping up our family’s heritage and traditions as its very important to me.
- I was a real tomboy growing up. I played all kinds of sports with my younger brothers and their friends. Football, kickball, kick the can, hockey, basketball.
- I love the mountains and the woods. In college I would dream about owning a beautiful log cabin with a few acres of land.
- I took Modern Dance as an elective in college.
- I used to smoke Camels and Kools ( for 2 yrs when I was in college in a blues band) . I stopped cold turkey when I was huffing and puffing walking up a hill to get to my college apartment.
- I used to lift weights at a local bodybuilders almost all male gym. I used to be able to leg press 350 pounds.
- One of my actor crushes was Christian Bale, especially the Christian Bale in American Psycho, NOT the “Dick Chaney-Christian Bale” in “Vice”.
- And a bonus — I love Indie films over big blockbusters.
My Dad used to have a dark room and would shoot in black and white. I think I was 16 or so here….
Told you I was a tomboy!
Hope you enjoyed this post. I love learning about other bloggers!
Have a Wonderful weekend!