Thank you as always for being here for Turning Heads Tuesday. Today is a special as this is my 3rd year of blogging and I am just amazed at so many things about this medium and the friends I have made. First of all, I wanted to dress up for this celebration and am wearing my red lace Tadashi Shoji dress that I wore to Fashion Week several years ago. I thought it aprapo with Valentine’s Day coming up, and I don’t get as much of a chance to wear this dress , with the exception of certain holidays. I wanted to get my pups, Gibson and Truffles in on the act as they are very special to me as well, so I thought why not?! Kind of a mommy and me post, with puppies, especially with Gibby dressed in his black biker jacket!
I have learned a number of things while blogging for this amount of time and it is funny as I initially thought this would just be a diversion away from pain and a fun hobby. Blogging has become a lot more.
Some of the things I have learned:
- I went to school for journalism prior to getting a degree in Music. I have always enjoyed writing, and this has been a great outlet for me to do so.
- I enjoy being part of a group ( over 40) where women support one another.
- Blogging has given me more opportunity to be creative with my outfits and view dressing as an “art”
- I have learned to try new things and learned ways of dressing I might not have normally tried. ie.. pattern mixing…unique color mixing
- I enjoy meeting women from all over the world.. a more “modern pen-pal”
- I do enjoy working with brands that want to showcase “my style” I have enjoyed the opportunities that have come my way, where I might not have had them.
- It does take a fair amount of time to post just 3 days a week.. between editing, picture-taking, uploading, commenting, writing etc and sometimes you are listening to crickets when you think you have a great post. But, life goes on.. ay? I don’t know how the ladies do it that post more than that!
- I have gotten to know ladies and enjoy their friendships, people I wouldn’t have known if it wasn’t for blogging.
- It can put a dent in your bank account,with all of the shopping temptation … but through blogging and my own desire for “deals” I have found ways to shop that won’t break the bank!
- I am quite happy with my style, and look forward to styling more casual looks as well.
- My hair is one of my assets, I can never cut it! ( joking, joking)
- I have always believed this, but even more so now, no matter what age, I will wear what I enjoy wearing.
My Biker Boy! 🙂
Truffles is my little prima dona. No, really she is pretty mellow but she does love certain things like her little plaid pink fru-fru coat.
When I saw this dress on Bloomingdale’s site, I jumped at it! I love red, the well made lace and of course the detailing around the waist and bodice.
So, I imagine some of you may have similar thoughts on your list for what you have learned… tell me about it! I am going to have a glass of Meomi or will it be champagne to celebrate the 3 yrs?
I had to get the pups in on the action today, as they are my little “guardian angels” who have truly helped me throughout the years when I first began this journey into blogging after my accident. Gibby is in his biker jacket ( see we are both in motos?) and Truffles is in her little fru-fru pink plaid coat with faux fur.( she is a princess) . It makes me laugh as both of their tails wag when I get out their coats!