We all know this is the time of year that people make New Year’s resolutions, resolve to go to the gym, lose weight etc. I am not one for New Year’s resolutions, but i do like to reflect on the past year and what I may want to change, add to my life, what seems to be working . I also like to review my thoughts on the Blog, what topics I may want to cover, how to improve, and what I can offer my readers. I have always enjoyed writing, so in addition to meeting so many wonderful people, this is something that I strive to continue. I do get frustrated with social media, as it takes up a fair amount of time. I hope to try and make better use of that time.
When I think of the New year, I always get reinvigorated! So many possibilities, it feels as if you are each day writing a page of your own book. How do I want the story to go? I found this quote, and it makes me think when I have doubts, I need to just “go for it”, whether it be trying something new, or having the desire to continue to improve with the blog. Have the strength and confidence to do what you enjoy is part of what brings us joy. So, what are some of my personal goals for the blog and my life this year?
- Work on SEO and my site ranking. Hubby is the IT expert and he will be helping with this. Keywords are important in your blog ranking.
- Continue to bring creative and informative content to my readers. I’d love to do a survey that could help me identify what readers are looking for in terms of topics.
- Sign up for Like to Know It. I need to look at how it works in regard to items that are not brand new but linking like items..
- Incorportate a monthly series into the blog. ( I’ve got a list of ideas!)
- Find out the mystery of Instagram.( It is a mystery, right?) It can be so frustrating trying to figure the hashtags, when to post etc. Develop a strategy to increase followers- would love to reach 10,000. Please follow me here to help 🙂
- Work on Video to expand the blog content. If you had not seen some of the videos with Margaret of Sixty and Me, you can view HERE.
- Hope to meet up with some blogger friends this year.
- Work on improving social media stats via Facebook groups. But, work on utilizing time of social media by setting limit. ( as it is easy to spend hours on it!
- Do more locational shoots ( in the warmer months!.. )
- Find more time in the day to accomplish these tasks. 🙂
- Health- I have gotten off two of my medications! Yea! Continue to titrate off one last medication that no longer seems effective to me. It is important to me to take only what I now need and that is improving!
- Add more PT exercises to improve stability. Continue to develop strength with light weights therabands.
- Play the guitar! It has been some years that I have played. I have arm and shoulder pain that has prevented me, but I have a Stratocaster, Gibson guitar and Taylor acoustic that seem pretty lonely lately. Pick up some jazz standards and rock tunes from youtube, as well as my Jazz Real Book.
- Prepare for trip to Italy next Fall…. start saving, as you know i will want something leather… bag, shoes etc. hehe.
- Lower anxiety by Guided meditation.
- Self care- Treat myself to a facial several times a year, continue with skin care routine. NCN skincare
And if nothing else… Enjoy life!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Fun Fashion with Fashion Should Be Fun
#passion4fashion with Rachel the Hat
Fancy Friday with Nancys Fashion Style
Fabulous Friday with A Pocketful of Polka Dots
The Blended Blog Link Up
Do you make resolutions or goals for the New year? Or a you someone who assesses things on a more regular basis? I’d love to hear your thoughts.