07 Feb How To Style All Black
All black can be a chic option for the Winter. I am sharing how to style this look on the blog today.
I’m Back in Black….
Sometimes music effects what you might wear one day. I’ve been running to the Metallica “Black Album” lately, an album I got reacquainted with from my teenage years. Maybe subconsciously it affected my wardrobe choice for this day!
Some tips for wearing all black
Wondering how to style all black and make it look interesting?
I have a few ideas for you!
It may not be something I reach for often, as I do love color and soft neutrals, however, there are times I am in the mood for a chic all black look.
Ways to Style All Black-
- Wear classic pieces. Go for blazer or trousers that are structured.
- Vary the shades of black. Charcoal black jeans are in the limelight these days.
- Texture! Remember we talked about texture playing an important role in create a monochromatic or tonal look. The texture adds dimension and depth to your look. Read the post-Tonal Dressing
- Add an eye-catching pop of color with your accessories. Here I chose my Prada bow bag in red. I am also wearing a pretty red lip for additional color.
- If fair or lighter skinned, wear a color near your face. This can be accessories like scarves or earrings, or even a contrasting collar. I am wearing some colorful floral earrings and a gold brooch in this case.
How was your weekend? Ours was lowkey but enjoyable. We went to AT Home, a home goods store, and purchased some home decor and planters. I am hoping to “deck out” our deck! Any suggestions for plants are welcome! We have flowers in the garden, so I am looking for tall plants to go on this space. I am really like a child in a candy store in this place! and if you need pillows, look no further!
It was date night for us, and we went to the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
Let’s say the Kenetic Modern art was interesting. Much of what was used was taken from the artists attic. Art in Motion.
and a display of other works by Andy Warhol, Degas, Picasso.
A Gallery set up of art. Andy Warhol painted the Becthlers at their house in the 70s. Dega’s painting- Woman After the Bath, and others were on display in Charlotte.
Do you get in the mood for all black looks?
SHOP THE POST
FAUX LEATHER TROUSERS
Have a great day and see you tomorrow for Turning Heads Tuesday!