06 Jan New Year- New Goals and a Look to See if I Achieved 2022’s goals
I am sharing some new goals that I have for 2023, as well as looking at whether I achieved the 2022 goals.
The New Year comes around and we like to look at it as a “clean slate” or a time to begin again. A look at the blogosphere, has me spotting the “new word” of the year. This is a chosen word that helps you mentally focus on one thing you want to achieve, have occur etc.
” “Life’s not about expecting, hoping and wishing, it’s about doing, being and becoming.”
The obvious thought is true, you certainly don’t have to “wait” until New Years to create goals, it is just often the time we have to reflect on the year’s past.
I like to create new goals, but before I do that, I like to have some personal accountability and look at what goals I had set for the previous year.
If you missed it- HERE IS THE POST- LOOKING INTO MY GOALS FOR 2022.
Goals from 2022- DId I accomplish them?
- Learn Italian on Duo Lingo. Well, I was doing quite well with practicing every day, that was, until August 2022. I was diagnosed with Pudendal Neuralgia, and the trip to Italy would have to be cancelled in Oct, and hopefully just put off for awhile. Afterward, I was a disappointed and angry that this health issue had to rear its ugly head right before our planned trip, so I rebelled. No Italiano per me. I have just recently got the interest in learning the language again.
- Play guitar, just for fun. What a concept! I know. Another goal I did better with through the year, and then since I was unable to sit long, guitar had to wait. Since I am making some progress, it is another thing i want to do.
- Social media- Limit to 2 hours a day. I have been doing this as far as commenting and engaging and publishing. Where it takes longer are making the reels! Sometimes it is tough to keep up with it all, but there can be a balance. I think it is more about what serves you the best. Blogging? Interacting with other fashionable ladies? Working with brands on IG?
- Reach 10,000 K on IG. Nearly there. If you haven’t followed me, help a girl out! 🙂
- Driving- Did I mention that the PN has gotten in the way of a few goals last year? I was driving more and have cut out certain medications. I also have had to add a few meds for this new condition, and driving is something I can do now- since my body is used to them.
- Yes, we have explored some new places this year- one being a fun speakeasy near our house. Thats where I got the idea for the “Painkiller” recipe! We also found some wonderful restaurants .
- Yes, we helped my brother and sister-in-law move in and have been having a blast with them here. Pool parties, Holiday get togethers and just hanging out.
- Keep walking 4-5 days a week. Try going to the warm water pool 1-2days a week.
- Working on the PT goals for pelvic floor dysfunction. I am very goal oriented when it comes to my health- so I am up each morning doing PT stretches, diaphragmatic breathing, pelvic stabilization and surrounding muscle strengthening exercises.
- Be able to sit with pain at a 2-3.
- Travel somewhere warm (Bermuda?) in April or May and be able to sit on a plane for 2.5-3 hours.
- Wear jeans when going out. ( I know this may sound silly, but people with Pudendal Neuralgia often can’t wear jeans or trousers due to the sensitivity and pain it causes from the material.}
- Be able to eventually paddleboard, even for shorter periods, by late Spring.
- Get hair cut short. ( LOL.. no! Just checking to make sure you have read it this far!)
- Continue to work with brands that share my aesthetic and pay accordingly.
Goals can be broken down into more achievable, smaller goals. I always feel that is a way to keep focused on the long-term picture. If you write unattainable goals, and they aren’t broken down, chances are you won’t be inspired or motivated to keep creating them. This way, when there is some success, you look forward to the accomplishment.
I’d love to hear if you achieved your goals from last year, and if you set any this year? Or, are you a “word of the year” kind of lady?
Let me know in the comments.
Have a great weekend!