What lady doesn’t love makeup? I find myself over the past few years looking for the Holy Grail of products, the best primer, the best foundation for my skin. I have heard much about Becca products in particular, the Primer, so I find Sephora is a great place for getting samples to try! My sister’s birthday was Feb 8th, she is in her 40s,and I asked her if she wanted to go and get our makeup done at Sephora and have lunch afterward. She said she would love to, and that it would be great to see what someone else would see in our features and have our makeup professionally done. I do love great makeup, but I really only want to spend 10-15 minutes on it at home, not 45-to an hour, which would be our session.I know many ladies that want to have flawless looking skin and flattering makeup, but don’t want to spend tons of time either. My sister and I have separate artists, and we getting ours done together. First, she had used this product from Origins, which I absolutely loved! It is a crisp, clean smell and is put on starting as a mask, then later works into a foam. I could have just sat there and inhaled the scent for a while!
Cleaning my face, she noted my long eyelashes, and that my skin was in good shape. I have been using a skin care routine I will later review on the blog, and am quite happy about the results! Anyhow, I told her my interests, wanted a cat eye, and mentioned that I have a fondness for anything “illuminating”.. I am kind of a sucker for that word.. if I can glow and illuminate, it’s mine! Anyhow, we went to lunch afterward, enjoyed a few pineapple martinis, and before we left I told the artist we were just going to stare at ourselves in the mirror for a while. hehe.
Rather than go through my whole routine, I thought I would share some of the products that were used and makeup that I have found to be the best for me! ( yes, that Holy Grail product!)
Foundation: I was using Dior Nude Air- which I love, but it is very light and I wanted more medium coverage for other days and wearing on the blog. She used YSL Eclat Foundation, which comes in many shades – Porcelian Cool and Warm, and I used Ivory, the next color shade down. This is wonderful, blends well, lasts throughout the day and is moisturizing to the skin.
- Primer first: Before the foundation, I have been using YSL Eclat Primer for years. I absolutely love the consistency and the smoothness in which it goes on. It creates an excellent base for my foundation and blush.
3. Blush: I use Cream blush: NARS. I am not a fan of powders for me, I just find that the cream blends better and looks a bit more dewy on the skin. I like this NARS stick in South Beach, a shimmering apricot, but there are other pink tones I like as well.
- Highlighter: Not everyone likes a highlighter. The one the artist used is one I use from Becca. There are various color choices, but I wanted the Pearl, to highlight areas of my face: upper cheeks, corner of eye, forehead. Gives a glow and healthy look, just a little goes a long way!
5. Mascara: I stopped buying DIORSHOW as it was a great mascara, but since I have very long lashes to begin with, I found Loreal’s Voluminous Feline Mascara to be an excellent choice in length and volume with less than half the price.
- I have tried gel eyeliners, but the artist used a liquid liner for creating a fine line and cat eye. I prefer this STILLA black liner and find it offers more precision that using a gel. Love it!
7. Eyeshadow: The artist used a nude palette from NAKED. However at home, I love various eyeshadows. I LOVE NARS as it is highly pigmented and the color choices are wonderful. I have the Naked Palete 3 that I use often with pinks and brown tones, for a very soft, natural look.
8. Lipcolor: The artist used MAKE UP FOR EVER in rose- a matte lipcolor, #105 Rosewood, a brownish pink. much like the Anastasia line and many others offering color that lasts all day. I am particular about these as I find some can be drying on the lips. I actually prefer MAC lipcolors as I find they are more moisturizing.
I do hope to show you some of this used in a makeup post and would love to do a look with these products. My sis and I weren’t prepared for a photoshoot that day or I would have gladly shared the look!
This just gives you an idea that I like a natural look with makeup, so nothing too heavy in real life.
Have you found the Holy Grail of beauty products? if so, Id love it if you shared! I am not a beauty “expert” persay, but know what I love on my own skin. What would you be interested in seeing in a beauty post?
Have a great weekend!
If you haven’t stopped by Turning Heads Tuesday, please do! There is much beauty and fashion inspiration!