Happy Friday ladies!
I don’t know if it is just me getting older, and more introspective, but I like to look at and appreciate the “small things” in life, even more these days. It is a little things in life that really makes me appreciate it more and more. I also find that I don’t let myself get stressed about a lot of things as I try and ask myself, “Is this important in the overall scheme of life?” If I can answer no, then it isn’t worth dwelling on.
Getting my Master’s Degree in Music/Music Ed was something that was very important to me, and I relished the thought of being creative and sharing my love of music with kids., er, children! ( I used to work at a Parochial school, where the Principal nun told me to call them Children, instead of kids! ) But it is the day to day small things that make me appreciate life more.
I really find that laughing about certain things in life, helps to keep my santiy! If you don’t laugh, life becomes too serious and stringent.
What are some of the “small things” that I have learned to appreciate in life:
- My puppies and their personailities. They are both so funny! Gibby sneezes and spins in circles each morning before breakfast as he gets so excited about eating! ( I read it is about clearing their nostrils before a meal..don’t know if that’s true!?) Truffles is such a good girl and has such empathy! When I am upset or crying.. she will wake up from sleep to come over to comfort me! We laugh and call Gibson a “Divo” ( boy Diva) as I have to get him fresh water each time, even if there is water in the bowl!
- I love hearing the sound of birds chirping outside my bedroom window! It means Spring is coming…
- Hearing my hubby laugh… or cackle… as it may be! It in turn makes me laugh.
- Sleeping in… ok. Maybe this isn’t so small, but not having to be somewhere immediately in the morning is something I appreciate.
- Fresh bean coffee in the morning.. I am a tea girl, but I have to have my coffee in the morning, as to wake up!
- Taking a walk outside! I love the greenways we have here in NC, and I find walking so peaceful and I love the fresh air!
- Cuddling with my pups in bed. The joys of a small dog! You know how much I love dogs! and I am that lady that has to stop and ask to pet yours!
- A bowl of french vanilla ice cream. Hubby tends to love ice cream with a lot of “stuff” in it ( peanut butter cups, cookie pieces, choc)
- Smelling the rose bush in our yard and the flowers in the Spring, while sitting outside on our deck.
- A delicious glass of vino… and a bath. A bath.. while drinking a delicious glass of vino!
- Music- Being a lover of different styles I love to hear a great rock tune from my younger days and sing in the car!
- Slipping into a comfortable robe after being out.
I could certainly name more! Shopping on-line, being in nature… It is the small things that keep life interesting!
I will be posting Monday, a post I prepared before my trip to NYC. I will be on my way to NYC and the Viceroy Hotel with Jambu and about 4 other bloggers! I will tell you all about the event when I return in a blog post. In the meantime, FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND INSTASTORIES where i will be sharing my time in NYC! Excited!
What are some of the “small things” in life that you cherish?
Have a great weekend!
I HOPE THAT YOU WILL JOIN ME ON MY JAMBU/GOODHOUSEKEEPING ADVENTURE IN NYC! FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND INSTATSTORIES TO SEE WHERE I WILL BE STAYING, AND ALL OF THE EVENTS SURROUNDING MY TRIP! NY HERE I COME!
Fancy Friday hosted by Nancy of Nancy’s Fashion Style
Friday Favorites hosted by Lizzie of Lizzie in Lace
Fun Fashion Friday hosted by Dawn Lucy of Fashion Should Be Fun
Fabulous Friday hosted by Jennie of A Pocketful of Polka Dots
#Passion4Fashion hosted by Rachel of Rachel the Hat
Fashion Friday hosted by Jo-Lynne of Jo-Lynne Shane
Link Up On the Edge hosted by Shelbee of Shelbee on the Edge
Chic and Stylish Link Up by Mummabstylish