Happy Friday everyone and Happy July 1st! I find it hard to believe as the months keep rolling by. My birthday and Gibby’s birthday is coming up next week, so expect a blog post on that.
Let’s talk about shoes. I am happy about my shoe situation. About 8-9 years ago, it was a different story. Those of you that know about my health, know that I have a condition called Ehlers-Danlos Type III. The Hypermobility Type, where my joints move farther than the normal range of motion and I get muscular knots everywhere in my body.You can read more about it on my About Me page if you choose. Regarding shoes, at the time, I could not wear anything with a heel, and the flats had to have support, but for the most part I had to wear sneakers. Not the cool slip on types, so trendy now, but just your average gym sneaker.
So, remembering this, and where I am now, I can say, I honestly have fun with my shoes now. Shopping for shoes, ( online) and finding styles that will fit into my wardrobe is now a joy! I wanted to share for this post, some of my shoe collection for the summer months, some trendy, some not, but rather fun staples that will carry me throughout the spring/summer months. I am able to wear a small wedge ( 1-1.5 inches) block heels ( same height) flats with support, and well-cushioned supported shoes that are fashionable. There used to be a time where “comfortable shoes” meant “ugly” or just not very stylish, but brands have come around knowing there is a market out there for beautiful, stylish and comfortable/supportive shoes. Here are some of my summer staples:
You know the melody to Oliver’s song, “Food Glorious Food ” I’m anxious to try it! Now, replace with , “Shoes, glorious shoes” I’m ready to buy it! There we go!
- Metallic gladiators: These silver metallic are from Jambu and feel like sneakers. Metallics are in this year, and even if they werent, I would have gone for them. They have a memory foam footbed and are very comfortable. I wear them with skirts, shorts, dresses. They are versatile!
- Tan/Cognac Fringe Gladiators: I bought these at Payless a few years ago, and they have been quite fun to wear. Pairs well with boho styles, long maxi dresses, shorts, wear with neutrals to add some fun detail to your look.
- Nude T-Strap Sandals: These are a favorite pair and staple as I wear these with more dressy looks and they have a block heel for stability and looks. Every lady needs a pair of nude sandals as her summer staple!
- Black Sandals : These Clark Artisan brand are known for their cushion with padded insoles. I love the leather detail on the shoe, which can take a pair of flat front shorts and give it a dressier look.
- Red Block Heels: I love red. I have red flats and red heels. I can not wear a stilleto, but these red faux croc strappy heels give a fun pop of red to that summery LBD or LWD. Having a pair of red shoes is that colorful staple in one’s closet that adds some fun to a loook.
- Floral Flats: I loved these cute floral pointed flats from Rockport. The style is so soft and pretty, they can be worn with a pattern, or to add color and pattern to a solid color look.
- White Strappy Wedges Again these are Clark Artisan, with a strappy sandal and wedge, its great to have a pair of white shoes or sandals for the summer months to go with everything.
- Espadrilles: I just bought these from Zara, as the criss cross strappy look caught my eye, and I loved the rubber platform bottom adding more cushion and stability. The style is fun and can be worn with anything from shorts to dresses. I love these with a current Safari look or khaki dress.
- White block heel or Strappy Sandal: These are often a go to shoe for me and great to dress up shorts, wear with dresses, jeans, anything!
These are not all of my shoes for spring summer, ( lets just say I have a bit of a collection now)but wanted to give you some of the summer staples one might have to add to their shoe wardrobe. Remember, in the immortal words of Marilyn Monroe:
What kind of shoes do you want to add to your summer wardrobe?
Enjoy your weekend!
Linking Up with Visible Monday, Still Being Molly, Not Dressed as Lamb SHoe andTell , How I Spring Manic Monday, Monday MingleLinkup with Lisa Tues: Garaytreasures Link Up Style Sessions,Walking in Memphis Bless Her Heart Wed: The Pleated Poppy, Get Your Pretty On, Style Me Wednesday Watcha Wearing Wednesday, Jersey Girl Texan Heart Trendy Wednesday Momsmorningcoffee Thurs: A Labour of Fashion,Reason to Dress, Throwback Thursday Friday:Passion 4 Fashion ,Style Elixer Fun Fashion Friday / Forage Fashion, My Fancy FrIDAY