Hello and Happy Friday Ladies!
A famous quote in the Wizard of Oz from the Wicked Witch of the West cries, “I’m Melting, I’m Melting!” Do you feel like your makeup is doing just that in this summer heat? I know I certainly do. I really do enjoy most aspects of summer: going to the beach, sitting out on the deck and enjoying the view, swimming, picnics, and just being outside. However, when the temps hit the mid to high 90s and above, the humidity is such that just taking a step outside causes one to sweat, ( “glow”) and the choices are air conditioning or the pool, it can get just downright too hot!
One thing I do enjoy is the Fall, and camping/hiking when I do not wear makeup and feel free! It is a nice change! However, day to day, I like to put on some makeup, and feel good about it By midday, however, most of the makeup seems like it has melted off my face, with maybe a trace of eyeshadow left on my lids. Well, there are some products I love and they may help to keep the look longer during the day in that summer heat. One thing to consider as well… Wear less makeup!
- YSL Eclat Primer: For me, “The Holy Grail of Primers” I have tried various brands, Smashbox ( which felt like there was a residue on my face), and Dior nice but not as nice as YSL). This Primer display gold flecks in the bottle, but more importantly, one pump glides on very smoothly and helps to keep my makeup in place. My must have! This is going to keep things in place. Primer is your first. building block.
- Nars Illuminator liquid in Hot Sand or Orgasm: a peachy shimmery color. Illuminating. Great if you want just a tint of color in the summer without blush. Just use one layer as it is buildable, just a touch of shimmer will do!
- Anastasia Brow Kit: I bought this during the Nordstrom Sale. Comes with the Brow gel, a Dipbrow Pomade color, and Brow brush to brush brows and add color. I use the brow gel to set the pomade first, then take the brow brush and add the color to the spotty areas of my brows, creating a nice shape. I also get my brows threaded, which for me, shapes the brow the best, and eliminates any hairs without irritating my skin. Great product as the brow gel stays on all day, even if I am swimming! I always feel nice looking brows are the cornerstone, so if one were to only wear a few things in the heat, I would do my brows, and a fun shade of lipstick.
- DIOR Nude Air Another mainstay and “Holy Grail” product ( i know there is only one Holy Grail) but an exception can be made. Choose a liquid over a cream for foundation. Liquid is known to last longer in humidity and is said as well regarding blushes. I finally found a light foundation ( in color and texture) that goes on so smoothly without feeling like I am wearing too much. Blends easily as well, a little bit will work just fine.
- Eyeshadow: I don’t always wear it in the summer, but if I am going to , I use an eyeshadow primer by MAC. This helps keep the eyeshadow long lasting, but in this heat.. why not go for a pretty lipcolor? Mac Primer for eyeshadow.
- Anastasia Liquid Lipcolor or ( save) Loreal INFALLIBLE color Lipstick. Both are liquid lipsticks, which have been a trend for a while. The Anastasia Lip color has some lovely shades, and has mixed reviews. Some ladies love it for the sustainability, while others find it drying. I prefer the Loreal Infallible Liquid lipcolor, as I feel it is more moisturizing, has great colors, and will last throughout the day. I have to actually wipe it off the next morning! It also is about half the price of the Anastasia brand.
So, hopefully, whether you choose to wear a primer, foundation and lipcolor only, or wear all of them in the summer heat, these types of makeup will help in the fight against the humidity!
Stay lovely and have a wonderful weekend!
Linking Up with Visible Monday, Still Being Molly, Not Dressed as Lamb SHoe andTell , How I Spring Manic Monday, Monday MingleLinkup with Lisa Tues: Garaytreasures Link Up Style Sessions,Walking in Memphis Bless Her Heart Wed: The Pleated Poppy, Get Your Pretty On, Style Me Wednesday Watcha Wearing Wednesday, Jersey Girl Texan Heart Trendy Wednesday Momsmorningcoffee Thurs: A Labour of Fashion,Reason to Dress, Throwback Thursday Friday:Passion 4 Fashion ,Style Elixer Fun Fashion Friday / Forage Fashion, My Fancy FrIDAY, Sheela Writes Linkup