I hope you are all doing well and had a nice longer Memorial Day weekend.
Slip dresses are popular again this year and I am wearing a leopard slip dress today from Tarshay!
I’ll talk about a few ways to style it if you want to add more to the look.
These pictures were taken before I got my hair done over the weekend. My stylist came over to my house and colored my hair with all precautions taken. So you can see the outcome on IG HERE. and will see it You can see some of the grey/white in these pictures.
Ways to Wear a Slip Dress
Perhaps you think you can’t wear one. It feels too much like lingerie to you. There are a few ways you can style it to make it feel less so.
- Wear a light thin t-shirt (any color as leopard is a neutral) under the dress for a fun and stylish look.
- Add a smart blazer to the look for a more amplified style. I will add this blazer of mine in the colder months. Strappy sandals are hot this season and look great with this look.
- Tie a button down shirt at the waist over top of the dress, acting as a blouse/skirt look.
- In the colder months, wear a chunky knit sweater over top of the dress, again acting as a silky skirt.
- Denim jackets in white or blue would be a great addition for a more stylish look.
- Or, in its case, wear alone and add a scarf to create more visual interest. I have added leopard rattan earrings to keep with the leopard print. Again, you could wear a pop of color with your accessories for that “pop” to your outfit. I have purchased 2 new neck scarves for Spring from Mango to wear instead of necklaces from time to time.
- Wear a fitted graphic tee tied in a knot at the waist, and add some fashionable sneakers.
- Add a jean jacket and sneakers for a more casual look.
Leopard dress -Target ( I am wearing an XS)
Mango Scarf ( similar)
JJ Winters Clutch ( similar style, vegan)
earrings c/o Soft Surroundings ( similar pair)
Most clicked- Martina of Lady 50 Plus
Pinterest Pic- Nancy of Nancys Fashion Style