03 Jan Turning Heads Linkup-Happy New Year- Goals for 2017+Shopping My Closet
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years Holiday. I went to my mom’s house in Pittsburgh and we took the pups all ready in their Santa Suits. We had an amazing time, and it was truly a Doggy- Filled Christmas, as we had Pedro, Jack, Gibson and Truffles. Christmas morning was a bit chaotic, but in a fun way! Pedro, a dark haired lovable rescue dog, loves to tear open presents. Gibson and Truffles like to stick their heads in their stocking as they smell treats, and Jack was wandering around seeing what all the commotion was about, getting into the act. It was so funny as all of the dogs and people had on “ugly sweaters”, yep I found Gibbys and Truffle’s sweaters at Target. I wish I had the pics, but mine read, with a sequined pug and wrapping paper strewn…” Gansta Wrapper”.. my mom got a kick!..
My sis in law, Shannon, and I made these Cranberry Mimosa’s with a green sugar rim, and they were a hit!
After the pups were spoiled with dog cookies, raw hides, many toys, we all sat down and opened gifts. It truly felt like a meaningful Christmas being there with my two brothers, Matt and Tim, along with Shannon my sis in law. Shannon and I made Cranberry Mimosas with a green sugar rim and they were a hit! Everyone oohed and ahhed at each others gifts and enjoyed each others company this morning. We skyped my sister Sue and my 6 yr old neice Makaila, as they celebrated and open gifts from Santa, in Charlotte.
Each year I like to think about goals I would like to achieve or things I would like to do in the new year. I don’t like to think of them as New Years Resolutions as I may reflect and change my goals throughout the year. Here are some of my Goals for 2017:
- I hope to add various series or topics to the blog this year. For example, I enjoy reading about fashion history and thought I might explore different eras or clothing that made an impact. I may use Pinterest as an inspiration for a series called” Pinterest Interest
- I am hoping to add “Beauty” as a category this year on the blog. I have been considering this for some time as I have done quite a few reviews on skin care and always enjoy reading about make up/beauty products for ladies Over 40.
- I plan on launching a new look or theme to my blog by my 3rd year Bloggiversary in Feb.
- I have always been active and enjoy sports, but with EDS, my workouts have been modified. I have finally been given the go-ahead to lift weights with machines in order to increase stability, strength to hopefully aid in preventing more trigger points. I have to “take it slow” and will also continue swimming and walking. I just love the gym in Jan/Feb when everyone and their mother join!
- My gym offers a class on Guided Mediation, which I think would be helpful in reducing stress. I have some issues with anxiety, so I plan on giving this a try.
- Time Management. There are many hours spent on the blog. I truly enjoy it, but need to find a way to better manage time with commenting, writing, posting. I get severe muscular knots in my arms and shoulders, so I need to find a way to manage this.
- Music: I need to pick up my guitar again and play for enjoyment. I used to be more black and white, where if I could not perform, I didn’t play as much. I love playing blues and listening to jazz, so my goal is to sit down each week and play. Hubby got a keyboard for Christmas, so maybe we will play together after awhile!
- EDS Medication-I have recently been able to get off one of my meds. I am slowly titrating off another. It is going to be difficult as I have been on it for years, but my goal is to be on only the meds I deem necessary for better functioning and qualtiy of life. Wish me luck!
- Closet: Shop my closet for the remainder of winter. I came from Pittsburgh to Charlotte, so I have more Fall/winter clothes. Take inventory of what I could use for the Spring/Summer month to add to my existing wardrobe.
I am sure I can think of a few more, but it is best not to bombard yourself with too many goals! I want to thank you all for participating in my Linkup and truly appreciate the support I have received! Your comments mean a lot to me!
I’m in love with this Rebecca Minkoff saddlebag. Love the stitching and style. Santa listened 🙂
Let’s begin 2017 with my first Turning Heads Tuesday Linkup of the year! I can’t wait to see your outfits. I am sharing this outfit which it put together from Shopping my Closet! The new items were Christmas presents: my Rebecca Minkoff Vanity Saddle Bag, which I love! and my Rockport leopard kitten heels! Santa knows my style!
Outfit details: Camel cashmere sweater Banana Republic, leopard shrug: Banana Republic, Lace skirt: Ann Taylor, shoes ( Santa, Rockport) Rebecca Minkoff Vanity Saddlebag ( Santa or Nordstrom 🙂 )
let’s start off the New Year by commenting on at least 2 other blog posts. I love to see new people too, so spread the word. I am choosing 2 looks I love from the linkup and will be pinning both.
Please follow me, your host on Instagram. I would love your support!