31 Oct Ways to Style A Light Sweater Dress for Those Warmer Climates-
I’m sharing a light sweater dress today from Mango for those warmer climates. And to wish you Happy Halloween!
Sweater Dress for a Warmer Climate
Do you love sweater dresses but are afraid you will be too hot in them. Living in NC, I have one or two that are a bit thicker, but prefer this type of sweater dress to layer and also keep cool in.
This rich olive caught my eye and I like the longer length as well. I just returned a dress from Mango Outlet, as it was way to short and would have me requiring sitting a certain way. Well, that’s not happening. So off it went, and I found this beauty. Keep in mind that I am 5 foot 9, so that will give you an idea of where it will land on you.
This is a very light ribbed material – think of a light sweater or even the weight of a button-down blouse.
Olive is one of those neutral colors, and I think my favorite- certainly in the top five for Fall.
This dress comes in numeric sizing and I ordered my regular size 4, so it fits true to size.
I kept it simple here with black accessories- my Bruno Magli bag, and my Dolce Vita black leather booties.
Since it is light, you could certainly add more layers if it was chillier out.
- Style it with an oversized blazer. The lean line of the sweater dress will compliment am oversized style.
- Add a slouchy sillouette- another knit over top of the dress.
- Moto jackets always look pretty cool and modern. You could style it with almost any color moto. Black would be the go-to.
- Make it sporty. Wear a stylish baseball cap with the dress and some stream-lined retro sneakers.
- A jean jacket will always be a good go to with a lighter weight sweater dress. You could also style with some fun sneakers in leopard or another print.
- Keep it simple with accessories. Gold fine jewelry will always be classic.
If you live in a warm climate, do you wear sweater dresses? Do you search for the lightweight ones such as this? How might you style it?
I will post this outfit also on Like to Know it. My shop is @elegantlydressedandstylish.
There you can see like items or items I am wearing and be able to shop them as well. You need to download the Like to KNow it App.
I couldn’t resist taking pictures in front of our Maple tree. I love the leaves changing, spilling some onto the ground below. We had my brother and nephew over on the weekend, My nephew is almost 5 and is a barrel of laughs. I do love it when I get to see him. They went home yesterday and I learned that he was going to be a T-Rex, and his sister a pink dinosaur. My brother and his wife would be park rangers.
Ode to Halloween
We get a fair number of kids in our neighborhood, and last year we just sat outside and gave candy. Time for a firepit!
This year, since my health is not as good, I won’t be able to sit for long periods, but will take breaks and then hubby will hand out candy.
If you missed it, here are my little angels as Ewoks.
SHOP THIS POST
Have a great day!