27 Jan How to Wear Black with Fair Skin
Friday is here already! I have a couple of fun things coming up on the blog that I look forward to sharing. Some Wednesdays are our ” Double Black Diamond” evenings where my husband and I like to go to Firebirds, order appetizers and enjoy the half priced Pineapple Martinis! I love dry wines- more of a red drinker than white, but when it comes to cocktails I like a bit of sweetness. We also go there when I decide to pop in one store at the mall… two birds..
I found this faux leather jacket at HM and liked the close fit and style. It seems in the sea of biker jackets, what I needed was some detailing on the jacket. I liked the padded shoulder and sleeve details. I have a collection of moto jackets in different colors as I seem to wear them more often than wool coats here in the South. I have a black leather moto from Via Spiga but liked the cut of this jacket as well. I truly do not own a lot of black in my closet, as once it was the primary ( color) I would wear, it is no longer. The other jackets I have are in blush pink, steel blue, teal, tan, and brown. I do prefer these, but once in awhile, I want to feel my “inner rock chic” come out. Women with fair skin can looked “washed out” in black, myself included, but I have a few tips I like to consider when I do wear black.
- Try and have a Badass attitude. Ok, if you have to “try”, then you probably don’t!( kidding!)
- I am a guitarist. I used to play in a Blues band. I need to get into my “musician mode”.
- Wear a color near your face. I am wearing this bright magenta rose scarf my sister bought me for Christmas. The eye is drawn there.
- Choose a large statement necklace. Again, the eye will be drawn to the sparkly jewel or large metallic piece.
- Wear a bright or “standout” lip color. Again, if you are fair, you may want to choose your red lipstick carefully, I am wearing a magenta pink color from MAC.
- Wear a color under your jacket. Choose a blouse/sweater color that will work with your skin tone green, rich red, deep purple, etc.
- Add colorful accessories: I am wearing a pair of Suesto Meucci burgundy suede booties and a plum shade satchel by Treesje..
Tell me, if you have fair skin, How do you wear black?
Scarf ( gift from my sister)Love this Poppy scarf for spring Ann Taylor
c/o gifted Sesto Meucci block heeled booties
Treesje plum leather satchel ( mine is from my collection, older check here)
Have a wonderful weekend!