19 Apr What I’m Loving
Happy Friday friends!
I have never done a “What I’m Loving post, but thought it would be fun today.” Just talking about what I am finding fun to watch, wear, new purchases, and more! We all need a bit of lightheartedness, ( especially if you watch the news daily!) in the world at times!
1 I am loving the Sunshine! Charlotte has had way more rain than last year, with no fear of a drought this year! For a while, I thought I was back in the ‘Burg, with the grey and rainy days!. Tuesday, this week began a week with sun and my hubby and I enjoying working out on the deck. There’s also nothing like dining al fresco and walking outside, so I am a happy camper when the weather is nice.
2. My Girl’s Truffles 10th Birthday Party. We went to 3 Dog Bakery and got her an all natural peanut butter cake shaped like a bone, and it was a hit! They were asking for seconds! We invited her friends Sammie and Cholo. Sammie couldn’t make it ( she is a white darling little ‘tzu down the street). Cholo, a 12 yr old black Pomeranian, whose hair cut makes me resemble a tiny baby black bear, was very well mannered at the table and was lots of fun to be around. There was some play time and the moms and dad had wine to celebrate the occasion. I was going to get party hats at the Dollar Store, but hats would have remained on their heads all of 2 seconds., so ..
My Girl on her Bday!
Truffles and Gibby’s good friend, Cholo!
- My new Sneakers– After seeing multitudes of cute styles with bloggers in old school Converse, I wanted a pair. I went with a “twist” with these. Converse have a platform ( of 1.5 inch) and Ortholite insoles as I need the support, and don’t mind some extra height. I used to have the traditional style without the platform, but they weren’t as cushioned. I’ll style these on the blog soon! Nothin’ wrong with Old School. 🙂
- Game of Thrones– Me, Everyone and their Mother I imagine, but I have watched the series from the get-go. I really want a fight between the good guys and the White Walkers, wipe that icy grin off that leader’s face! I also got tired of Cersea’s scowl, and need to see her either permanently banished or something! Who is your favorite character?
I do think the White Walkers are cool, of course, the dragons, and liked Karl Drago even before he became Aquaman.
- My iFit programs– I have been using the programs on my new Proform treadmill, and I love it! I have been walking in Maui, through the jungle, along the streets of the Seine River in France, and yesterday, a nearly isolated hike on Viking Land in Iceland.( where part of Game of Thrones is filmed) It is motivating, as each instructor talks you through the workout. I have been doing HIIT, ( or high-intensity interval training) with it modified to my abilities at the moment. After, I will use kettlebells and a medicine ball for some weight training. I am just working to get more cardiovascularly fit, and am on target for my goals.
- Homemade Sangria-
Fruit ( I like to use oranges, strawberries sliced)
A bottle of Grenache ( Spanish Wine or Pinot Noir)
1/2c brandy or Orange liqueur
sweetener- simple syrup or maple syrup ( 2 tbsp)
As soon as the weather gets warm and we get to sit outside, I think about making homemade Sangria. I love a refreshing red sangria that is easy to make and gets me in the mood for Spring and Summer.
- This handpainted mug my mom gave me for Christmas. She said she got it at TJMaxx and couldn’t pass it up. The artist has worked on InStyle and other notable fashion magazines. The girl’s book even says “Fashion”. I enjoy a spot of tea out on the deck while writing. Love this brand’s yummy lavender and chamomile. tea from Fresh Market 🙂
- This mustard yellow gingham blouse from Mango. I can’t wait to style it!
Did you enjoy this “What I’m Loving Post”? I would love to do this once a month. What are you loving at the moment?
If you missed my Spring Wish List post, have a read!
Have a wonderful weekend!