Happy Friday friends!
It has been a bit tougher several weeks as I have been getting dry needling to try and get back on track after Asheville. It really is my saving grace. If you don’t know about dry needling, read HERE. It is not accupuncture, but helps release muscular knots in the body. Before you know it, the Holiday season will be upon us, and there will be Gift Guides and Black Friday Sales etc.. on blogs, so i thought I would do something fun and share a bit more about myself, besides my love for Fashion. Several bloggers have shared things about them self recently, and i thought i would join in!
( a winery in Taos)
- I LOVE True Crime, Discovery ID and MIdsommer Murders ( love BBC mysteries) I have seen every episode, bring back the old Tom Barnaby!
- I am addicted to chewing gum. I buy packs in bulk on Amazon.
- I used to smoke in college. I was in a blues band, my boyfriend at the time smoked Camels, and so did I. I guess I thought it looked cool hanging from my mouth as I played bass, but quit after walking up a hill to my apt, as was huffing and puffing.
- I was once robbed in the middle of the afternoon, when I worked at Original Cookie Company. He had some scruples though, and bought cookies first! ( needless to say it was my last day!).. I was 17.
- I have thought about getting a “photorealism’ tattoo of my boy Gisbon or a red headed pin up on my arm as a jazz guitarist.. but since EDS is a connective tissue disease it isn’t recommended!
- I used to hate getting blood drawn as i was afraid of needles. Now, I get “dry needled” every other week. It is a temporary solution but helps me function and I talk through the appt for a diversion. 🙂
- I used to leg press 350 IBS. ( before EDS)
- I was training for a mini triathalon a month before I experienced symptoms and was diagnosed with EDS.
- I used to love riding motorcycles with guys from school.
- My nickname in middle school was “Abby” short for Kareem Abdul Jabbar, needless to say I was the tallest girl in my class.
- I took an acting class several summers ago and have this one regret that I didn’t get into it sooner.
- I love to camp-nothing like the smell of a campfire and being out in nature. I have to be near the bathrooms though, as I have a very weak bladder.
- I was engaged in college before I met my hubby. He was in Music School at Duquesne with me and I thought we would marry and I would name our child, Stevie Ray, after my favorite guitarist, Stevie Ray Vaughn.
- I love to “rock out” and sing to all my favorite rock bands.in the car. ( Journey, Def Leppard ( Photgraph-Best album!), Metallica, Soundgarden, Bon Jovi… the list goes on) Remember HeadBangers Ball?
- I’d love to join a swing band. ( I love all of the old big bands and Benny Goodman..Cab Calloway, Louis Prima, and current-Cherry Poppin Daddies, Big Bad Voodoo Daddies
- I hope to travel each year and see more of the world. I get scared on planes, but the valium and wine do help!
- I don’t like kale.
- I have Gastroperesis. My digestive system moves very slow, so when i waiter asks if i want desert, i usually say, can you come back in 3 hours? )( hehe)
- Ive always played sports. Growing up i played hockey in our driveway with my bro and his friends, football, kickball. I was on a softball team, played basketball, and got into weightlifting. With EDS, I had to modify what I do, which really took some getting used to at first. i walk now, and swim in the summer.
- I love Falafel. 🙂 My dad used to make a joke and say “After you eat it, you feel awful” But he was the one that got me loving it!
- I don’t like beer. Charlotte now has quite a few breweries and i “try’ to like beer.but I’ll stick to being a wine snob! ( ill let my hubby enjoy it)
- I completed the MS 150 Bike Ride with my hubby at Mrytle Beach. Lots of bike riding, and i have the medal somewhere…
( great time with the pups in Savannah, no makeup… which I enjoy from time to time)
Have a great weekend! and thank you for your comments, they make my day!
Have time on the weekend? Feel free to peruse the TURNING HEADS TUESDAY LINKUP. CLICK ON TUESDAY’S POST AND THEN CLICK ON THE THUMBNAILS FOR FALL FASHION INSPIRATION.
un Fashion with Fashion Should Be Fun
#passion4fashion with Rachel the Hat
Fancy Friday with Nancys Fashion Style
Fabulous Friday with A Pocketful of Polka Dots
Weekend Wear Linkup with Posh Classy Mom
The Blended Blog Link Up
Ginger Photog Link Up