24 Sep 6 Early Fall Staples You Need for Your Closet
It is September 23rd. It was “officially” Fall 2 days ago.
Its cooling down here a bit in North Carolina, so of course that gets me in the mood for sharing 6 staples you need for your closet.
Ok. I know “need” is a strong word, and my husband would often call me out and say ” its a want”. Well, that’s darn near everything , right except food and shelter. Nevertheless, these items will make getting dressed a bit easier, as they are either completer pieces or base pieces for putting your outfits together.
This black blazer is a workhorse in my closet.
6 Fall Fashion Items for your closet
1. A neutral blazer. Depending on your coloring, you will decide on cooler tones, perhaps a grey plaid blazer, or warmer tones, say, a camel blazer. This blazer will be a piece you can wear with skirts, jeans, trousers, and leggings. It will be that completer piece that really finishes the look and gives it that extra style In early Fall, wear a tee or cami under it to keep a bit cooler.
2. White or cream blouse. This blouse will be a piece that can be worn alone on those days where it is still a bit too warm to add another layer, or as it gets chilly, worn underneath sweater vests, blazers, moto jackets. It is considered a basic that will be foundational to your outfits as well.
- Printed dress– I love plaid and of course floral, so I have several dresses that I choose from this time of year that give the Fall vibe but are still light enough for the Season. A dark floral with booties or a plaid dress with tall boots would be wonderful this time of year.
Straight leg or looser fit denim- As I mentioned in my earlier post- Fall Fashion Trends 2021, 90s jean styles are back and making a strong presence. Invest in a pair that fits you like a dream and that feels like denim with a bit of stretch for comfort. You need to decide whether the mid -rise or high-rise is for you. High-rise is best for people with longer torsos.
5. Black booties-Chunky soles are in, but if you are not into this style or trend, a fashionable leather black boot will go miles in your Fall fashion wardrobe.
6. Black Faux leather leggings- If you aren’t into the Faux leather look, there are other black leggings out there which will take you into Fall with a jacket, tunic sweater or blouse. I just bought the ever-popular Spanx faux leather legging, but got them 50% off on Poshmark. If you do buy them, I suggest ordering a size up for comfort as they run small.
ex. white button down with jewel collar under a peplum top worn as vest.
a pine green floral print dress works for early Fall and later I would add a moto jacket
Looser fit denim by AG.
My favorite pair of black booties from Dolce Vita.
These faux leather leggings are years old, but held up well. I wanted to try the popular Spanx faux leather leggings this year.
What else might you add to your list of early Fall staples?
SHOP THIS POST * this post contains affiliate links. Click on arrows to see more.
Id love to hear from you in the comments.
Have a great weekend!