I always enjoy researching the trends for a new season. What Fall trend would I wear, what wouldn’t I wear in a million years.
If you grew up in the 80’s you might know this song by the hair band, Ratt. ” “Round and round, what comes around, goes around. I’ll tell you why…”
We know more trends have staying power, or make their way around again after years of not wearing them.
Do you buy into trends, or do you prefer to stick to classics and avoid the trend?
I have some examples of what you may see on the runway, and of course, out and about this Fall.
- Chunky Lug Sole boots. These were here the past several years, and I am one for the trend. I love a boot like this as a dichotomy with more romantic, frilly or floral midi or maxi dresses. To me, it makes a statement . Let’s not forget the “comfortable” word either! Combat boots are still on the horizon, as the chunky sole still reigns with this style.
- Sweater Vests– Come on, you know you had one at some point in time. I think mine was argyle. They are back! In softer pastel shades as well as traditional neutrals in the shops. Pair it traditionally with a button down, or style it under a blazer. Be creative! There is something about them with plaid pants I love.
- Structured tailored clothes. More trousers and tailored vests and blazers are on the scene and I am a happy camper. I have several structured vests I bought secondhand, and if you like a menswear look, this is a great piece to add. I also am a blazer girl and find that they are very versatile in fashion. Wear with a graphic tee, or for more structure, with a vest and trousers.
- Clogs. I do remember wearing them when I was about 6 years old. They are back and with a more modern look, however, once a clog, always a clog. My opinion is, faux fur lined, maybe, but it’s still wood.
- Looser fitting denim- yes, the 90’s jean is a thing. More straight legs, higher rises, looser fits. Mom jeans are going strong ( not the 80s Mom jean) and relaxed fits are seen everywhere. I recently bought a pair of The Perfect Vintage jean at Madewell, and I am loving the high rise, since I am long waisted and have a smaller waist. This trend, I believe, stemmed in part from Covid year, where many people were wearing joggers or sweatpants, still wanting that comfortable, looser vibe. Don’t toss your skinny jeans though! And not to be outdone, many jean companies are making Dad jeans. Would you have gone into your dad’s closet and taken out his jeans to wear? I suppose, equal opportunity, as Mom jeans have become popular, but really?
- WorkLeisure- According to PopSugar,” Workleisure, office-appropriate outfits with a sportif twist, is easier to pull off. You can skip the yoga pants and instead opt for a fluid track pant paired with more sophisticated pieces like a moto jacket, mules and a blouse. ” It continues to be about comfort ala “Lockdown Wear”.
- Colors– Pink, magenta, yellow , olive, lilac.. Who says your Fall closet has to be brown and shades of brown? Lilac is back this season along with various shades of pink. One of my favorites is pink and green combinations. Try a pink sweater with olive pair of cargos, or a lilac button down cardigan with a kelly green trouser.
- Cottage Core- Where are some of my high school dresses or ones I wore at the beginning of college? The tiny printed floral with ruffles and maxi lengths have been popular this summer, and its popularity is leaning into Fall. Little House on the Prairie meets more modern details. Perfect pairing with long boots or suede booties for Fall.
- Shackets are back. Jacket + Shirt = Shacket. Are you in or out?
So, do any of these Fall trends appeal to you? What do you see yourself loving into Fall?
SHOP THIS POST-
I have linked the items in the posts. Affiliate links- these links are for your shopping enjoyment By clicking and purchasing, I earn a small commission for this website at no extra cost to you.
Just click on a picture ( link) and hit the arrows to scroll to different items.
Have a wonderful Weekend,