GIFTS OF FITNESS AND HEALTH
Hello Ladies, ( and possibly a few gents)
I thought I would do a Gift Guide for people who are into fitness or want to improve it. We know every year, people make their Jan New Years Resolutions to get fit, start to exercise, join a gym, eat better. I have loved fitness, working out, and sports since I was young. I was on the basketball team, softball team, swimming, biking and played street hockey with my brother and his neighborhood friends in our driveway, and football on the street in front of our house. Then, I joined a gym and loved lifting weights. When the step classes and spinning classes came along, I was there. Now, with Ehlers-Danlos being a muscle disease, I have to workout, but do it differently. I use therabands, fitness bands, balls, dumbbells, and walk/swim in the pool. The idea is to get moving, and not only does it help one’s health, but energy level and state of mind.
I want to give you some Gift Ideas for people who are into all types of fitness. The key is to make it something that is fun so it doesn’t seem like drudgery or a chore. Not only should fashion be fun, but so should fitness! So with that in mind, here are some ideas:
1 Medicine Ball: Start off slowly, but this is amazing for the abs. A mat of incline bench is what I used. You can cross your arms with the ball and do crunches on the bench. Plenty of ways to use it from beg to advanced.
2. Most people have one, but this one is a Tory Burch Fitbit, combining fashion and fitness.
3. Asics Gel Nimbus; my favorite sneaker. Great support, cushion. I love the stability too.
4. Like low impact: I swim and get cold even in the “warm water pool” but this jacket is great! Keeps body heat in.
Billabong jacket for women.
5. Sports Block Adjustable Dumbbell Set. Instead of having all different weights lying around the house, one can adjust the weight lifted with this set.
6. If you run or walk outside in the cold weather, these look great, plus you get wireless and can listen to tunes.( Don’t you hate when the wind hurts your ears?)
7. If you need to de-stress, I have used these and they help in visualization. Guided Relaxation, find a room in your house, turn out the lights and listen.
8. We all need to feel good when we work out, we can be motivated by wearing nice gym clothes, instead of borrowing a white tshirt to sizes to big from the husband and a pair of elastic shorts.
9.Nike Sports bra for running, the gym ..
10. If you like a workout but just want to work out at home and not pay for the gym. Once a routine is established, you can move up in progression.
Last, if you like healthy smoothies, a great blender is a fun gift. Maybe incorporate it with some smoothie recipe cards, or a book on smoothie recipes.
How do you enjoy fitness?
**These posts contain some affiliate links.
Linking up: with Visible Monday, Still Being Molly, Share in Style ( every other Mon), SHoe andTell ,How I Spring Manic Monday, Monday MingleLinkup with Lisa Tues: Garaytreasures Link Up Style Sessions,Walking in Memphis Bless Her Heart Wed: The Pleated Poppy, Get Your Pretty On,Random Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday Watcha Wearing Wednesday, Jersey Girl Texan Heart Trendy Wednesday Momsmorningcoffee Thurs: A Labour of Fashion,Reason to Dress, Throwback Thursday Friday:Passion 4 Fashion ,Style Elixer Fun Fashion Friday / Forage Fashion