21 Nov Rockport Collab- What to Wear While Holiday Shopping
A bit over a month and it will be Christmas! This time of year always goes by quickly as we plan for the all of the festivities, parties, getting together with family and shopping for Holiday gifts. I do most of my shopping on-line, however for some gifts, I love to shop at some stores nearby for gifts. Today, I am going to talk about what to wear holiday shopping when you are on the go, looking for gifts, trying on some festive wear for yourself, and taking a bit of a break in between while sipping some Gingerbread latte. I like to look put together when I am out, but also must be comfortable, if I am walking around shopping. Rockport, is a company I can count on for comfortable AND stylish shoes/boots. I don’t have to sacrifice style for comfort, as this boot has both!
Today, I am at Birkdale Village, a shopping area close to me, shopping for some gifts for my friend and family. First, let me tell you about these fabulous leather cut out booties I am wearing from Rockport. I was quite excited to collaborate with them, as I have worked with them before here and here. I know Rockport’s shoes to well be made and stylish.
I was immediately attracted to the Cobb Hill Abeline Zip Bootie for several reasons. First, I was in need of a pair of leather brown boots to coordinate with my fall wardrobe. Second, I love the cut out design on the side, the ruched leather and sleek profile. These boots are “inspired by European styling” and have a 1.5 inch heel, which is a very comfortable height for me and makes them easy to walk in. Not only this, but their Eva footbed makes them a joy to wear! They are as comfortable as a pair of my sneakers! They are the most comfortable pair of boots I own. I was able to walk around throughout the afternoon and didn’t feel any foot pain.
Here are some tips for what to Wear when Holiday Shopping:
- Make sure you have comfortable footwear. As I mentioned, Rockport has wonderful choices of comfortable and stylish shoes and boots. These are some of my other favorites: The Cobb Hill Sabrina boot, and The Cobb Hill Bethany.
- If you are trying on holiday dresses or clothes, I like to wear a dress as it is easy to change in and out of.
- Make your outfit simple, as the less removing of jewelry, layers, the easier it is to try on outfits.
- Bring a small handbag. I know my shoulders can hurt after awhile, especially if you are carrying shopping bags
- If you like jeans, avoid lots of layers. Perhaps cozy sweater, and you are good to go!
The cut out detail is what really stood out to me. There is a side zipper and the leather is so soft.
What are your favorite casual styles from Rockport’s website? Let me know in the comments section.
My outfit details: Sweater : Banana Republic, ( old, like this), Necklace ( jewelbox) Denim ( designer William Rast), booties c/o Rockport, handbag: Rebecca Minkoff
These booties were gifted to me, all opinions are truthful and my own.**
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR FALL STYLES AT THE TURNING HEADS TUESDAY LINKUP TUESDAY AT 1 AMEST. SEE YOU THERE!