05 Feb Saranghae Skin Care -5 Step Routine
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We went to see the Tonya Harding movie, and really enjoyed it and Allison Janey’s performance. Tonya’s mother was a piece of work. The girl selling us tickets told us, “I think it is about a famous skater…” i had to laugh,as we lived through the whole Tanya Harding/Nancy Karrigan experience… and of course, the Superbowl.
Anyhow, moving on to today’s post… I know these Winter months can wreck havoc on our skin if we don’t take care of it. My skin is considered “normal” but it can get dry from time to time. I was contacted by Saranghae, an award winning skin care company to review their 5 step system.
I would have liked to have started a skin care routine in my 20s, but I didn’t. When I was in college, I just didn’t use any extra money for skin care, probably because there was little “extra money” then. So, I started my skin care in my later 30s, wanting to keep my skin healthy and looking good. Over the years, i have realized that there are so many creams and serums out there claiming to be the “fountain of youth’ etc. in glamorous packaging. More often than not, they didn’t do much, but maybe give some conditioning to the skin.
I do have a skin routine I am happy with , and will share with you later on the blog, but was given the opportunity to try the Saranghae products as well. I will be 50 this July, so I want a skin care line that is going to be effective in reducing fine lines, protect my skin, and create collagen. All in all, I eat healthy, drink plenty of water, and do the best to take care of myself. I would like that to be reflected in my skin as well.
Saranghae means ‘I love you’ in Korean.
“Love the world, love one another and most of all love yourself – Lee Myeong Jo
With much talk of self-care presently, I certainly look for products with natural ingredients without chemicals that are harmful to my skin. I loved reading the history of the Saranghae brand. “Saranghae is a multi-national company that maintains its boutique philosophy. Our mission is to bring the power and beauty of Asian botanicals to the world. Our goal is to always provide the highest quality and most innovative products with world class customer experience.”
I have given these products about 4 weeks. Generally, i like to try skin care products for 6-8 weeks, but i will share with you my findings after 4. Even though it is 5 steps, it only takes a short amount of time for application.
( no filters or anything retouched on photos. Photos were taken without makeup in the bathroom. please ignore some of the mirror spots!) Having fair skin, I have redness in certain areas I would like to lessen.
Here are the 5 steps;
- Nourishing and Moisturizing .Foam Cleanser. I enjoyed using this cleanser as it cleaned away any makeup, and I love that it foams with the addition of water. My skin felt refreshed after patting my skin dry after using. With a light gel like texture, it feels good on my skin.
- Deep Radiance Essence Serum- Again, a very light serum, it glides on the skin and smells nice. It does help to give a smoothness to my skin and get rid of dryness. I do let the serum soak in the skin for a few minutes, before applying the next step.
- Firm and Lift Cellular Regeneration Cream– I love a moisturizing light cream. I am not a fan of heavy creams like Ponds, so the lightness was what I enjoyed. This is wonderful as it is not heavy or greasy. I do love that I can use this as a day and night cream and won’t have the need for both.
- Eye Cream- I do enjoy this cream, one of my favorite products. I used this each night, It is light, as is all of the Saranghae products and does help with softening lines around my eyes.
- Elemental Essence Mask- This was a treat for my skin! With CoQ10 and Hyaluronic Acid, it was moisturizing and brightened my skin. This was used just once a week for extra hydration and I certainly enjoyed using it in the bath knowing i am giving my skin a special treatment.
I really like the consistency of the products, they are light, not oily, and go on smoothly. Plus, they smell nice! I have noticed some changes and love the natural and reparative properties that Saranghae offers.
These are just some of the natural ingredients that Saranghae uses in their products
Natural ingredients are important in my skin care routine, and Saranghae has something unique that no other skin care has, “The powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties of the Phellinus Linteus mushroom helps neutralize these free radicals to heal, regenerate and protect your all-important skin cells. Saranghae was the first brand in the world to develop and patent the technology to grow, extract and preserve organic Phillinus Linteus mushooms for use in anti-aging and skin care. *saranghae website.
CoQ10-( in the hydrating mask) CoQ10 is an antioxidant localized to the outer layer of your skin that functions to protect the deeper layers of your skin from damage caused by ultraviolet (UV) light.
Hylaluronic Acid-it assists in retaining moisture, providing cushioning, helping to repair damaged tissue, maintaining the collagen and elastin matrix and creating a protective barrier against micro-organisms.
Read more about Saranghae and the natural ingredients they use. Treat yourself and enjoy the benefits of natural ingredients that is nourishing to your skin. I would recommend!
The 5 step system was provided by Saranghae. My opinion is my own, and is honest and truthful.
( no makeup worn , picture taken in bathroom during day. Same time as picture above. Please ignore mirror spots…i better get on that!)
Tell me about your skin care routine . Id love to hear about it in the comments.
5 step routine c/o Saranghae
TOMORROW IS TURNING HEADS TUESDAY, MY WEEKLY LINKUP. PLEASE STOP BY, WHERE YOU CAN VISIT BEAUTY, FASHION AND LIFESTYLE BLOGS AND GET INSPIRATION.
Have a great day!