04 Mar Spring Makeup You’ll Want to Try
Looking for some new Spring Makeup?
Spring Makeup You’ll Want to Try
I am picky about my makeup. Not as discerning in my younger days (Covergirl powder compact) and (Maybelline concealer) – both were bought in the lightest shades possible, and it makes me think I looked like an apparition playing dress up!
Let’s face it, when I was in my teens, I didn’t have the income you need for the more expensive or luxury brands, so it was a bit of experimentation. You remember Aqua Net?
I, at 53, do not like heavy makeup looks. I prefer the makeup to make my skin look good, but less can be more, when it comes to makeup in midlife and beyond.
My makeup routine also doesn’t take much time, and I can’t figure out what takes some ladies an hour to put on makeup. Perhaps it is a “ritual” that is relaxing for some, and they take their time applying it. I could see that.
It seems that we are all in search of “The Holy Grail” when it comes to foundation, wanting it to cover, provide a look of smooth skin, and have beneficial ingredients. Color inclusivity is also important, but it can drive you a bit batty if you are looking for the perfect shade. I know! During the beginning of Covid, I tried the Estee Lauder Double Wear, but you couldn’t go anywhere to try it out. SO, I ended up buying about 5 different shades and trying and returning them. I think I was driving my mom (who lived with us during 2020) a bit bonkers, when I would ask for her opinion on it matching my skin tone. There are such slight variations! Long story short… I didn’t keep any of the Estee Lauder, as it felt too drying on my skin.
Another Makeup Post
The links below are affiliate links. By shopping these links, the blog will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Today I am sharing several beauty buys for Spring that I think you would love.
This is not a sponsored post.
- Diorshow Airflash- at $63 it is an expensive product, but it really is the best for that airbrushed look. It covers pores well and is so easy to apply quickly. I spray a few quick sprays of foundation on a foundation brush and apply. The coverage is buildable, but it feels like you aren’t wearing foundation. It’s very light! I wore it for our family beach photo pictures, and it lasted until evening. This is my favorite foundation and the lightness of it feels great in the Spring and Summer. If you are fair skinned like me, I use 1C (for cool)
- Dior Forever Skin Glow- $52. Still a luxury foundation, but on par with YSL, and other similar brands. Since I don’t use the AirFlash every day, as it is pricy, this was more my go daily foundation. I loved YSL Touche Eclat, but it seems every foundation I use gets discontinued, so I am hoping the Skin Glow will be around for a while! It is light/med coverage and I need 2 pumps for my face, so consider that. I do love a good “glow” and prefer a more luminous look to a matte foundation, as they tend to look flat on me. (Use ICR shade)
- Charlotte Tilbury lipstick -$34 I had a bit of a lipstick obsession last summer and got sucked into Charlotte Tilbury. I do love her lipsticks as they tend to last for me, longer throughout the day. They do come in a “vintage style” and there are so many beautiful shades. Many are similar to one another, so I suggest going to Sephora or Nordstrom to try them on. I am wearing Pillow Talk Medium, which is just a bit more of a rich rose than the original Pillow talk. I also have the Super model lipstick which is more of a nude shade.
- Kenra Hairspray-$16-18 I love this hairspray and Kenra products. This hairspray is not sticky and provides a natural hold. I get the 25.
- Urban Decay- Naked Cherry Eyeshadow palette. $48 I have 3 Urban Decay pallets and they are my favorite for eye shadow. They are blendable, and the shades are richly pigmented and beautiful. I am almost out of UD #3 palette which has mostly light pinks and some browns. Another UD palette I use frequently is the HEAT palette, which has “sunset” tones of rusts, mustard yellow, rich brown tones. The Naked Cherry palette is very similar to the Charlotte Tilbury palleted but for less $$$. So many pretty bright pinks, peaches, creams, and soft pinks. I truly love pink shades in the Spring, and it is the perfect one for this season.
- Kerotin Hair Growth serum– $29 I am trying this as the wonders of hormones and being through menopause has left me with a thinning hair on the left side. If this was the 80’s I could just shave that part of my head and it would be a hairstyle! LOLI knew some bloggers liked the Kerotin line, so I am trying it for 3 months. I’ll let you know if it is working after 3 months.
- Essie Gel Nail Laquer in Pinned Up – $8.50 I always get a bit excited to either get a manicure/pedi for Spring or do my own nails. When I do, I like the Essie Gel Nail line. This color is one I just bought, and it is such a pretty pink rose color, perfect for Spring!
using the makeup above.
And if you don’t like your eye wrinkles – sunglasses will do the trick! 🙂
Have you tried any new makeup for Spring? I would love to hear about it! Let me know in the comments.
Have a great weekend!