Happy Friday Ladies!
June 1st. Boy, time is flying! Why doesn’t that happen in Jan and February? Regardless, the sun peeked out yesterday after some continuous rain in Charlotte. One thing i can show you regardless of the weather outside is my makeup routine, and products I have been enjoying. I am sharing some of my “Holy Grail” products today on the blog.
I never was one to wear a ton of makeup, but love lipstick, blush, and other products like any other girl. Since I work on the blog from home, I choose not to wear makeup on days I don’t have to go anywhere. I like to let my face brrrrrreeeeaatheeee… 🙂 So probably 3 days out of the week, I am makeup free, just seeing no need to get “all dolled up” for my hubby, as he likes me with or without. ( not too picky!)
I had my makeup done in the Winter, at Sephora, and the makeup artist, did not explain what she was doing, nor did she ask me lots of questions. I was surprised! I then, sat in my chair, assuming she would just emphasize my eyes or cheeks, as I was told I had high and lovely cheekbones. by the time my face was done, it had been contoured and piles of makeup used. Hmmm. Although I think contouring can be interesting, it isn’t for me! I don’t have the desire to put that much makeup on my face, nor do I need to. I would certainly think as an artist, you would want to know what the client wants or desires in her routine.
So, I am going to tell you, what products I use, and how easy my routine is. After years of trial and tribulation, I have found some products that make my makeup last throughout the day, are some “Holy Grail ” products and are worth it, in terms of price per wear. I find that many ladies over 50 don’t want to wear a ton of makeup and prefer a natural look. I decided to try powder again as well, after researching products and also wanting my makeup to last throughout the day, even in the summer, when I am more likely to “glow” 🙂
I have rinsed my face with water and exfoliated in the AM.
I have also used All in One from NCN Skin care and Vitamin C upon waking.
- I use the SPF 45 Sunscreen from NCN Professional Skincare – Have you read my post – Interview –Review of NCN Professional Skincare
- Primer- This YSL Eclat Primer is wonderful and asks to keep makeup on throughout the day, is a gel, and goes on easily. I use one pump. It is not the least expensive primer, but it provides a smooth base for the application of my makeup.
- YSL ECLAT Foundation. I love this foundation, as there are many shades to choose from, and if you are fairly pale, but are between porcelian and the 1st LIGHT shade… this is wonderful It blends and goes on easily. It is buildable and with 1 pump I can cover my face. If you want a more medium coverage, you can add another pump.
- Becca Under Eye Brightener– This line was introduced to me about a year ago, and I love it. I use the Undereye Brightener.- just tried this a few months ago and it does what it says! It makes me look as if I had restful sleep! I use one finger and pat it under my eye, acting as a brightening product for under the eye, instead of a concealer. I feel it makes me look a bit more awake in the Am, and doesn’t sink into any wrinkles, just a little bit goes a long way, and you can pat a bit into the corner of the eye, where you might a highlighter.* new product for me
- Becca Hydra Mist Powder– I use just a bit after tapping the product onto the lid. I take a puff i purchased on AMAZON ( 3 for 6.00 is much better than the 1 for $15 Sephora wants) and pat it onto my face, avoiding under my eye. This really is wonderful and sets my makeup, lasting hours and only leading to a lipstick retouch. it doesn’t settle into lines. It provides a “smooth canvas” 🙂 What is really interesting is, it is 50% water ( too bad it isn’t 50% less in cost!) but it goes on with a wet feel. . Sephora – “What it is:
An ultra-translucent setting powder that sets makeup for extended wear with a revitalizing, mist-like effect on skin.
What it does:
This weightless powder sets and refreshes makeup for a silky smooth, invisible finish. Formulated with 50 percent water and glycerin, this powder creates a mist-like sensation on skin, for a seamless finish and comfortable feel. Ultra-fine, light-reflecting powders float over skin to smooth and blur the look of fine lines and imperfections. Reapply it as needed to keep makeup looking fresh all day.
- Tarte blush– if I don’t use the powder, i will use cream blush. If i use powder, I like a powder blush. I love a rose color-or peach for my skin. The one I use lately is called Paarty
- Some days I don’t wear eyeshadow, but if I do, I have the Ubran Decay Palette. I have 2 of them, but for day to day, love the neutral pinks. They will work with my spring and summer outfits- The more saturated with color, Urban Decay HEAT, is one i love as well for more evening looks.
- Mascara–CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume I have long eyelashes as a family trait.. Even my shih tzus have long lashes! 🙂
- Lipstick- My favorite has been Tarte Lip Crayon- Lippie Lingerie as it is creamy and is not tested on animals. I love this crayon, much more than the liquid lipsticks, as it is not drying and goes on very smoothly. I have tried various liquid matte lipsticks and found them to be more drying on me. This may have to be reapplied a bit, but is more moisturizing on the lips.
If I had to choose just 3 items for my makeup routine, it would be primer, foundation and lipstick. I always loved great lipsticks and feel that it really is the icing on the cake, and the most fun! From the pic above, you can see, I like more of a natural look with makeup and I am wearing it in a chignon, another fav style for the summer months.
Check out my post from last summer, some of my favorite products. – Favorite Hair and Makeup Products
Id love to hear about your makeup routine, or your Holy Grail Products. Do you use powder makeup over 50?
Have a great weekend!
Fun Fashion Friday hosted by Dawn Lucy of Fashion Should Be Fun
Fabulous Friday hosted by Jennie of A Pocketful of Polka Dots
Style Wise by Cheryl of Northwest Mountain Living