Ready for the weekend?
What I enjoy doing is some “window shopping” on-line for Spring items I may want to add to my closet.
I did a closet cleanout last year in Spring and Winter. I put on Poshmark and also gave to Goodwill things that I didn’t like anymore, or items that were just not part of my style.
Basics are always important, as you want to rely on those to form the foundation of your closet each season, yet add other pieces to layer or wear with them.
Since it isn’ cold here for long as we get into Spring, a denim jacket is one of my staples. I bought 2 thrifting on Poshmark last year, one a dressier darker wash, and another a more casual style.
A white tee is also a workhorse for Spring and summer, and I have 2 I really love. One with an embroidered white design, the other a soft v-neck.
I love some cargo pants and I have 3 pairs in different colors. I also find myself wearing a jean skirt often in the warmer months.
White jeans are perfect any time of year, but even more so in the warmer months ( until it gets too warm!). I love the fresh clean look of white denim. I would love a pair of the no-stain white jeans from Chicos, but many times they are sold out. You have to keep checking!
Sneakers.I bought a pair of platform Chuck Taylor Converse that are classic and fun to wear with casual dresses, jean skirts and shorts. I have another espadrille pair that are equally as cute and comfy.
So, these are some of the items I have been looking at and wish to add-
- A Cognac sandal- I want a dressier sandal like this to wear with many of my linen and casual dresses. They would also look amazing with white jeans and a neutral look. I do have these beautiful wedge sandals I was gifted by Jambu, but need a dressier pair as well. BTW< if you want to get a pair of these JAMBU shoes, or another, USE CODE EDSPRING20 for 20% off.
- A snakeskin or off white sandal-I love the monochromatic look of all white- but prefer a cream of off-white in shoes. ( easier to keep clean)
- White denim skirt- I began the search, and boy, you get a lot of styles that are a little too short. Up to the hoo-ha short! No thank you. I would love a white denim skirt that is similar to the jean skirt I have, preferably a bit above the knee or at the knee. I may pull the trigger on this one!
- Flowy Dresses– I love light and flowy dresses in the Spring and Summer. Since the Pantone color of the year is Classic Blue ( READ POST here) there are many different blue shades out there to choose from. We are going to the beach this summer, renting a house as family, and my mom is paying for a family professional photoshoot. Most likely, we will be wearing blue. So, the hunt is on!
- White blazer- This is always good to look for on Poshmark or eBay, where I have found several of my white jackets. Some were outdated, so I donated them, so I am looking for a modern white blazer- without shoulder pads 🙂
- Cute tops and blouses– I started adding some camis, tanks, and tops last year to my Spring and Summer wardrobe. I will be on the lookout for some pretty Spring blouses. H & M, Zara, Mango are some of my favorite shops. Id love to add some blue, pink and some lilac colors to my Spring wardrobe.
- White flowy dress– I have a couple of white dresses, but really do love a romantic white dress for Spring and summer. This one from Zara is so pretty with the yellow and green embroidery.
and just because I love a lemon print for Spring into Summer, this dress has caught my eye! Can you resist fruit patterns?
Have a great weekend!