25 May Tips for On-line Shopping Made Easier-Happy Memorial Day!
Hello Ladies and Happy Memorial Day! This is a day many of you will be shopping for sales in addition to remembering what this Holiday is about. Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country’s armed forces. T It typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end. I suppose I should have worn red white blue!
I thought I would write about this topic, as I buy 95% of my clothing, wardrobe, etc on line. With my illness, I can not stand for hours in stores, and the appeal of a mall was lost to me, with the exception of my teenage years as the local hangout. There are many benefits to shopping on-line and I thought I would share how I do it. This outfit I am wearing was all bought on-line!
Blush Blazer ( Poshmark, F 21: Ask for shoulder, bust measurements) Citizens of Humanity grey jeans, ( bought on Ebay: ask for hip, waist measurment and inseam), Shoes: ( Payless), Zenni Optical ( prescription sunglasses: upload prescription, make choices on lenses), Necklace, earrings and bag: Charming Charlies on-line)
It is a lousy day outside, ( it isn’t really but let’s assume in this scenerio!) but you decide that you want to do some shopping ,and why not head out to the local department store to look around? Why, I say, when you can do it in the comfort of your own home! There are many pros to shopping on-line, here are just a few:
- You can be in your nightgown and robe, sipping a cup of freshly made coffee.
- There is no one to ask you ” Can I help you, get you another size, peek over your shoulder,stand with you in the dressing room, etc” You have the peace and serenity of just you shopping, and not having to utter, “just looking” in the 4th store.
- There are always sales. There are coupon codes.
- No standing in line, waiting. No lines of traffic going there.
- You do it on your own time, so you can look at sites throughout the day.
- Packages! Who doesn’t love getting packages? For me, it is like Christmas when I get a package at my door.
- Huge selection! The web has an enormous selection of clothing, fashion, etc. There are so many stores that have much more inventory on-line.
- Shoes are hard to buy on-line. Many shoes fit differently and some are European sizes which may fit entirely different as well. I recommend shopping in the store for shoes.
- Returns: If something doesn’t fit you have to go to the post office or UPS to return it.
- No instant gratification. That LV bag or gorgeous dress you wanted, is something you would like Right now! So, perhaps shopping on-line won’t do in this case.
- Certain items like jeans are difficult for some people to order as different designers cuts are different.
- Get familiar with your favorite stores sizing. For instance, I like Ann Taylor. I know what size I consisitantly wear in their dresses, skirts, tops, etc. I shop at Zara, I know what size I am there. So, your favorite stores may be pretty consistant.
- Shop at stores with free shipping. Returns should be free too. No one likes to have to pay for return shipping! This is a way to lessen the hassle of worrying about spending lots of $$ on return shipping fees. On-line shoes, Zara, ASOS, and Nordstrom , Bloomingdales, have great return shipping.
- Watch deal stores! 6pm is a great shoe store for deep discounts on shoes from many brands as it is an offshoot from Zappos. They do not however, have free return shipping, and at times I have paid almost half of what the shoes cost to return it! So, either know the brand’s sizing, or avoid.
- Don’t on-line shop when you are sad, depressed, etc. Easy to click Buy It Now on many sites, and easy to make lots of purchases you don’t need. Think about your budget and what is needed. Very easy to be an “emotional shopper”
- Sign up for some of your favorite stores credit if you can, and pay it off monthly. Some stores like Ann Taylor, gives “rewards” or points and will give you shopping reward for your birthday and per points spent.
- Have a plan. Otherwise, you could spend the day, surfing, looking, trying to find what you think you want. Make a list of items you need for your closet, albeit, classic staples, new sandals, handbag.
- Use coupons! Places like Ebates give great % back. Retailmenot is a great coupon site as is Deal News.
- Take measurements of yourself. Certain sites will have measurements that may be different for different designers. Compare to get the right size. Check the size chart.
- If you are in between sizes, size up. This way, if you get the garment and it is a bit big in places, you can take it to a tailor for a custom fit.
- I shop and Ebay and Poshmark Alot. I get amazing deals as one can make offers, and pay a fraction of retail prices.
Linking up: with Visible Monday, Still Being Molly, Share in Style ( every other Mon), SHoe andTell , How I Spring Manic Monday, Monday Mingle Linkup with Lisa Tues: Garaytreasures Link Up Style Sessions, Walking in Memphis Bless Her Heart Wed: The Pleated Poppy, Get Your Pretty On, Random Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday Watcha Wearing Wednesday, Jersey Girl Texan Heart Trendy Wednesday Thurs: A Labour of Fashion,Reason to Dress, Throwback Thursday Friday:Passion 4 Fashion ,Style Elixer Fun Fashion Friday
Nordstrom Half Annual Sale Click HERE
Bloomingdales; 20-70% off
GiGi New York 15 % off click Here
Abercrombie & Fitch: Between 40% to 60% off stock in stories. Sale will go until Tuesday online.
ASOS: Until Monday, May 25 (4 p.m. EST), all full-priced items are 20% off with code LONGWKND.
Banana Republic: Use the code BRSUMMER to get 40% off selected full-price pieces this weekend.
Barney’s Warehouse: Enjoy 40% off shoes, bags, and clothes, and an extra 50% off clearance items.
Charming Charlies: Free Ship
Karina Dresses: Please click on sidebar widget for affiliate link to site. Thank you! CODE MEMORIAL DAY
Hope you Enjoyed this topic. Do you do more shopping on-line or at the stores?
Have a great HOLIDAY with family,
* Courtesy of Wikipedia