I do not go out on Black Friday. I avoid it like the Plague! One year, I do remember being at a Best Buy at 5 am, in Pittsburgh, freezing while waiting for a laptop that would never come. The claim to have “just run out” of the discounted item many of us were waiting for. I also didn’t feel good about looking through the store as other people’s elbows and shoulders ended up pushing their way through without an “excuse me” in sight. I thought, what is SO IMPORTANT that people are acting like this? I didn’t feel right about being there, as there was NOTHING i needed so badly.
Anyway, I do 98% of my shopping on-line, in my robe, with coffee in hand. I find it much less stressful. No crowds, lines, people running in different directions. I do end up going to Target for decor and boxed Cards. My main point is, to make it less stressful on yourself. Stress, eating poorly, sleeping poorly can take a toll during this Holiday Season.
I was sent this Chanille robe in red roses by Bath and Robes very thick and cozy for those cold winter days.
Taking care of yourself over the Holidays
- The stress of the Holidays can hard on oneself. If you enjoy shopping on-line continue this practice during the Holiday Season. Many retailers have great return policies and shipping options during the Holiday Season. There are no lines and no hordes of people.
- Treat yourself to some pampering this winter. Our skin gets dry and nails crack. Take one of those days and enjoy a manicure/pedicure or facial.
- Wear a cozy and warm robe. I am wearing this Red Roses Chenille robe that was gifted to me. It is so cushioned and soft. I have a slight obsession for robes. I love the rose detailing on the sleeves and front.
- Take an Epsom Salt Bath. You have to have bubble bath when you take a bath, It just Is something you do. ( wink) Add 1 cup of epsom salts ( I love the lavendar) , a drop of aromatherapy oil,, in your tub and relax those muscles you used while on your shopping marathon.
- Listen to some Holiday music while decorating. For me, music relaxes me and brings back fond memories. I favor old fashioned classic Holiday tunes by Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Burl Ives.
- Enjoy a cup of tea with honey or some hot cocoa.
- Make sure to get plenty of sleep and feel well rested
- Take a walk outside. Not only will you feel refreshed but exercising gives us more energy throughout the day.
- Enjoy the festivities, but it is not the time to throw out healthy eating. I like to indulge in some sweets such a cookies, chocolate, etc. but I also continue to fuel my body with smaller portions/ healthier choices. It is time to enjoy yourself, and not worry throughout the season about everything that you eat.
- . Make a holiday cocktail, or try a new bottle of wine. If you enjoy holiday flavors, perhaps try a recipe for a Holiday flavored martini.
- I don’t have kids, but I enjoy watching some of the classic Holiday favorites like Rudolph, Frosty..etc..”Put one foot in front of the other…”
Robe c/o Bath and Robes * c/o product was gifted to me. All opinions are my own.
What are some other ways you take care of yourself over the Holiday Season?
Have a great weekend!