“The Answer my friend, is blowin in the wind, the answer is blowin in the wind”… “Bob Dylan. It was one of the most windy days recently, and the question must be. how difficult is it to get pictures when your hair is flying every which way ? We made do, but it can be tricky! Our reward was lunch and a few glasses of wine at Corkscrew, one of our favorite haunts. We brought the pups, but it wasn’t the dog party that it was last Sunday when there were 8 dogs on the patio!
Today I am wearing one of those things that is considered a staple in every woman’s closet, the black fitted blazer. I love this one from Fabrizio Gianni as it has vertical dark stripes and fits quite well. I decided to pair it with a grey textured tee, raw edged denim and a pair of peachy pink snakeskin block heels This is a spring look or uniform that one can put together rather easily.
What’s so great about a black fitted blazer? I don’t wear black often, but I do love the versatility of this blazer. The cut is very streamlined and I can dress it up in many ways or put together a more casual look. Today I took out this textured grey tee ( yes tee) and would either have worn a small neck scarf to add color near my face, or what I chose a metal stenciled designed necklace for a bit more edgy style.
What are other ways to wear a black blazer?
- Being that this is a fitted blazer, wear a looser shape in the bottoms. A cargo pant a little more slouchy would make a nice sillouette.
- A sexy streamlined and more edgy look can be created with this jacket and some waxed jeans. Im looking for an olive pair myself!
- A classic pairing of a fitted blazer over a flouncy dress will give added shape.
- Denim is shown with all length and styles. why not pair a black blazer, white tee and step cropped denims with some embellished block heels?
- Wear a black fitted blazer with structured flat front shorts. I love the look of a jacket and shorts, taking them to a dressier look and not looking too casual.
- Traditionally with black trousers, this would be more of a suit look. However, to make it not look Dated, why not add a fun bright colored shoe and bag.
There are plenty of other ways to wear a black fitted blazer, let me hear how you like to wear them? Is this a staple in your closet?
Im also wearing a new pair of glasses from Warby Parker. Me and my cat eyes. I loved the frames on my other marbled blonde cat eyes, that I got the same ones in a warm tortoise. I get lots of people asking where I got my glasses, and they are the Holcombe, in case your interested.
Blazer c/o Fabrizio Gianni.. see choices below
Bag: Balenciaga ( sim)
Here are some black blazers I thought you might like:
Most clicked: Shelly of Queen In Between blog with her stand out red bell sleeved top, love it!
Pinterest Pic of the Week: Emma of Style Splash looks great in a leopard shirt dress.