07 Nov Wearing a Vest- Fall Menswear look with a Feminine Touch
Hope you had a great weekend. It was a busy one, as I voted early, went to the Opthamologist and got a new script for my glasses, and enjoyed Verde, a Mexican restaurant that is only 10 minutes from us. We still are loving the “taste of New Mexico” so I tried the least spiciest dish on the menu, and had a very good Agave Nectar Margarita! Sunday we went and saw ” Dr Strange” with one of my favorite’s Benedict Cumberbatch! woo-wee! It was great!
Today I am wearing one of my favorite colors for fall ( perhaps I say this a lot) olive green. I decided to take this sweater dress( again, an easy dress to wear in the fall) and layer it with this menswear brown plaid vest. I have shared some looks with this vest or similar, over the year in the spring ( worn with jeans), last fall ( with a mini skirt and menswear booties) and now, with this look that has a bit of feminine and masculine in it.
The taupe Over The Knee boots were bought last season from Sole Society, as I loved the way I had seen them worn with white, also with various neutral looks. As you know, taupe is a neutral and can be worn with any color. I do love it with these colors- olive, browns.
Try some of these tips when adding an item of menswear to your look.
- Add a frilly scarf to the vest to give it a more feminine look when worn with jeans.
- Brogues in a more feminine color ( blush, tan) can be a fun way to add a feminine/masculine look when combining with a menswear vest.
- Try what I have shared today, wearing a structured vest over a dress.
- Wear a menswear vest with wide leg trousers, heels, and a blouse with a pussybow for the more womanly touch
- Add a vintage brooch or as I did a tweed fabric brooch for a pretty look and additional texture.
I would love to hear your ideas on wearing a structured vest? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. I am also using some affiliate links to other vests, OTK boots, and sweater dresses. Enjoy! I am a big fan of OTK boots and have hinted to Santa about a pair 🙂
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL IN YOUR FALL FASHIONS TOMORROW FOR TURNING HEADS TUESDAY! i WILL BE REVEALING THE JEWELRY I BROUGHT HOME FROM SANTA FE…
SHARE YOUR FALL STYLE AT TURNING HEADS TUESDAY LINKUP~ ! LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE ! 🙂 Linking Up with Visible Monday, Still Being Molly, Not Dressed as Lamb SHoe andTell , How I Spring Manic Monday, Monday MingleLinkup with Lisa