I thought I would share with you, albeit a little later than some of the other blogger’s, a small sampling of my favorite looks from the 2015.I have done Facebook Quizzes lately that tell me my Style Icon is Grace Kelly, and my style type is Romantic. Mmmm. Kind of spot on, how do those algorithms work anyway? I thought I would also share the link to the Interview I had from Sylvia’s 40 Plus Style Blog, which featured my fashion. It was so lovely to be asked. http://40plusstyle.com/how-to-look-elegant-and-romantic-a-style-interview-with-jessica/
Yet, another quiz on Facebook I took said my Mental Age was 82, Physical age was 24, and my “Charisma” was “Punctual”. Boy , I like to think of my personality of being a bit more than “punctual”! I wanted to share with you today more Things About Me you Don’t know. Getting to know me, getting to know all about me….. ( ha 🙂
I have a fair amount of favorites, as I love tweed,, velvet and so many textures for fall and winter. In the spring and summer time, I suppose I could be known as the “flower queen” as I like my florals, and also love lace. I have worn more colors this year, and found what colors work best with my fair skin and red hair. I do love to wear skirts and dresses more than pants, but have tried to expand my wardrobe by wearing faux leather leggings and denim knit jeans recently. I collect brooches as love unique or vintage jewelry and of course faux fur in wraps and stoles. I hope to wear more denim this spring and show how to dress it up.
I thought I would share some things about me that you may not know: Start off the New Year with some Fun Facts about Me.
1. I have always been a tomboy, as a young girl I played softball, got my lifeguarding certificate played hockey with my brother’s friends in our driveway, football in front of our house and kickball in the street.. Later, I was into rock climbing, biking, and I love hiking in the woods, camping in nature.
2. Bad habit: I am terrible about closing doors and cabinets. I tell my husband that psychologically it must mean that I want to leave things open in life, that let opportunities come my way and not close them out. Either that, or I am lazy!
3. I played a hot pink BC Rich Metal/Rock Bass in a Blues Band. We played old blues from Muddy Waters, BB King, Howlin Wolf, Robert Johnson, and also Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughn. My bass stood out like a sore thumb! I do miss playing in that band!
4 Tv Shows: I Love Discovery ID. I can’t get enough of The Homicide Hunter: Joe Kenda, Deadly Women, Wicked Attraction. Brainless fun Tv: Millionaire Matchmaker.! Fav Show this yr: Fargo
5 Food/Drink: I could eat salmon every evening. I love red Spanish wines: Tempranillo, Granache, Malbec, and I wake up each morning to a glass of jack daniels. ( just kidding!) ice cold whole milk. Love it
6. I was bullied relentlessly in my senior year of high school. Graduating early in high school, I had an extra English class to take. I had 2 girls that decided to bully me, break pencils in my face, call names, make fists and egg our house, yet the counselor decided I should do my work during class in the library alone, while they remained there. Bad advice! Im not really a fighter!
7. I love Journey and Def Leppard must sing in the car to “Separate Ways”, “Photograph” etc, but also am a former “headbanger” who listened/s to loads of Metallica, ( Black Album), Ozzy, Steve Vai. etc. I think this is when I had to grow my hair long, as one can’t headbang quite the same with short hair.
8 Celebrity Crush: Christian Bale. Now, there are many types of Christian Bales. Not “The Machinist” Christian Bale, definitely not. No, the Batman or more likely even, ” American Psycho”. There are some places I have to pause in this movie. 🙂
9 If I could choose a job right now to be a part of it would be : play guitar in a Swing Band. I LOVE Cherry Poppin Daddies, Big Bag Voodoo Daddy, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Brian Setzer, and of course the older Cab Calloway,
10. I sing to my puppies daily. I have a captive audience as they sit intently listening on the edge of the bed. I love to improvise and make up doggy tunes on the spot.
11. I would have loved to gone into acting. I took several classes about 5 years ago, and the teacher thought I was quite good. She liked my monologue as Julia Roberts from ” Steel Magnolias” Improv was scary but so much fun!
Hope you enjoyed this fashion retrospect and got to find out a bit about me 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend!
Linking up: with Visible Monday, Still Being Molly, SHoe andTell , How I Spring Manic Monday, Monday MingleLinkup with Lisa Tues: Garaytreasures Link Up Style Sessions,Walking in Memphis On Trend Tuesdays Wed: The Pleated Poppy, Get Your Pretty On,Random Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday Watcha Wearing Wednesday, Jersey Girl Texan Heart Trendy Wednesday Momsmorningcoffee Thurs: A Labour of Fashion,Reason to Dress, Throwback Thursday Friday:Passion 4 Fashion ,Style Elixer Fun Fashion Friday / Forage Fashion