Hello Ladies! I am in Greenville, SC today to view the Solar Eclipse and we are having lunch, some drinks and exploring a bit after the event.. This should be an interesting event, as there are roof-top parties in restaurants nearby and its a once in a lifetime experience. I wrote this post prior and will have some pictures of the afternoon later on the blog.
Last Friday I talked about some of the Fall colors from the Pantone Institute, which would be popular for Fall. Some of those colors do extend to the summer months, and I choose them based upon how a certain color looks with my skin tone. When I saw this peachy ( “Copper Tan”-London) floral dress with lavendar and pink florals, green leaves, I thought it would compliment nicely.
By now, you know I love a great shirt dress, wrote about why I love a shift dress, but I am also fond of a body con ( conscious) dress at times, for a lunch or dinner date and usually when the weather is not sweltering. Well, we have had some cooler days in Charlotte, certainly more so than last year. So, for those cooler days when your clothes are sticking to your body…
When choosing a dress, over 40, have you already decided that you can not wear a bodycon style? I think there are some factors to consider when choosing. Some ladies immediately think- “Oh my goodness, that would show every lump and bump….” ” Those are for women who go to the gym six days a week! Don’t let the negative self talk , talk you into that. I do like this style of dress and you can wear it, just find the dress to accentuate your shape.
I am going to dispel those myths and tell you why you can ( if you want to) wear a Body- Con dress.
- Your Best Features: Show off your best features with this dress, be it your curves, long legs, or shoulders. Opt for a length to the knee if you are showing your upper half. Want to emphasize your long legs? Choose a slightly shorter length, then more coverage up top. Off the shoulder ? Go for a dress to the knee or mid length
- Undergarments: I don’t wear shape wear, as I have sensitivity from my EDS. However, if you do wear them, choose a comfortable garment that will boost confidence and allow for a stream lined look.
- Don’t over do the jewelry. Well, you can if you want, but I am here to tell you .. the dress will speak for itself! A pretty pair of dangling earrings would look lovely.
- Confidence- Put on that dress that you saw and coveted. Now, tell yourself- “You look great!” Confidence is very attractive and if you feel that way in your dress, that is great. Your posture will demonstrate how you feel as well.
- Body- Con doesn’t mean you have to show a lot of skin. I do like my shoulders and am showing them in this dress, with a cut to the knee.
So, by now… you know I don’t believe in “rules” for Over 40 or midlife women. It really is about feeling confident in what you are wearing. So be it body con dress, mini-skirt, leopard leggings… just make sure you love it! Another tip: I buy mostly on-line, so if you aren’t sure the dress will fit, choose a site with free return shipping, so like its your trying on at home. ASOS has a nice selection of bodycon dresses.
Are you a fan of bodycon dresses? If not, what style do you prefer?
shoes: Betsey Johnson ( DSW),
bag_ Rebecca Minkoff,
HAVE A GREAT DAY and look for my post on INSTASTORIES about the ECLIPSE.
I HOPE TO SEE YOU TOMORROW FOR TURNING HEADS TUESDAY WHERE YOU CAN VIEW OVER 125+ SUMMER FASHION POSTS.