I am quite excited to share with you a skin care line I love and believe in! I was introduced to it last year, and you can read about my first review HERE. NCN professional Skin care is my primary line of skin care I use daily. I have shared other skin care products on the blog, in which I tried, and I may supplement with a few products here and there, but found the science and reliability of NCN Professional Skin care to be fantastic.The creator and owner Nanci, is wonderful, she has answered many of my questions and has a passion for her business.
What I love is that the products are not tested on animals, they are reasonably priced and they have worked for me! There are so many skin care lines out there , but NCN skin care is a line formulated by an easthatician, someone who knows skin and the science behind skin. It doesn’t hide behind pretty packaging with no substance.
I will be 50 this July, so I am glad to have found a line I believe in as well, that does render results.
I have first reviewed and tried the line here with this post NCN SKINCARE REVIEW
This picture above was taken in mid March, after I had been using these specific products for a bit over 2 months. ( I was at the Viceroy here and used their mirror after taking a bath) no makeup or filters used. I should say that I have continued to use the other products i shared on the first post for about a year, before I tried these specific products.
This picture was taken over the weekend, when I had been using the All in One and the Retinol II for over 3 months. My skin care prior to this was the Retinol I product and Vitamin c, for about a year. I also use the SPF Sunscreen daily. I know I have a long face, can’t do anything about that! 🙂 These were taken in my bathroom. No filters or anything done to the pics, just bathroom light. My skin is fair and i have some redness on my cheeks.
I have the line in between my eyebrows and some crows feet/lines under the eyes. I continue to use NCN skincare to improve my overall skin.
First, let’s look at the products I chose and how i liked them, then I interviewed Nanci, the creator behind NCN Skincare to hear what she said about women over 50 and their skin care needs.
- All Tran Retinol 2% formula II– love love this product! I have done enough research to realize that retinol should be a mainstay in my skin care regime. Last year, I tried the Forumla I and found it had no irritation on my skin, so this time, i decided to go with the Forumula II that has 3xs the Vitamin A . It has no irritation on my skin, goes on very light and I use it every evening. It has helped soften and reduce the fine lines I have on my forehead and get rid of discoloration on my face due to hormones.
- Vitamin C Serum with Vitamin E, Ferulic Acid and Gluathione– another mainstay product in my skin care regime, vitamin c goes on with a dropper and is light to the skin. I use this in the morning. It has helped the tone of my skin. I have noticed more firmness. I also have noticed that after months of using this product, i no longer have melasma patches on my skin. A few years ago, I went to a dermatologist who told me that the discoloration was melasma due to me taking birth control pills. I was not happy with the brown spots on the left side ( I should have taken pics!) but i no longer have this beccause of Vitamin C.
- All in One cream– I was very excited to try this product. It was new this year and helps to plump the skin and soften lines, It has helped to smooth my skin and I loved that i could use this with sunscreen, retinol, vitamn C and have a fantastic skin care routine. I use it in the morning, and sometimes in the evening. I have noticed more firmness in my skin tone. This is a time saver too, where it is used as a moisturizer and anti-aging cream. I love it!
- NCN Eyefix– I don’t have bags or darkness under the eyes just yet, and know much of it can be heredity. My dad used to have dark circles, so they may come. I have some crows feet, so I wanted to lessen the look of those with this eye fix. It is a rollarball application. I have only been using it about a month, as i received it after other products. There may be a slight lessening of wrinkles around my eyes, but will need to use it longer for more assessment. I have fine lines and some crows feet i would like to lessen.
other products i love from the last post
Sunscreen 32 spf-I’M Covered– I use this daily before makeup application and think every lady should protect their skin from the sun with a sunscreen.
My Interview with Nanci of NCN Skincare
1.How did you get started as an Aesthetician? I think I knew what I wanted to do by age 4 when I’d spend hours going through my Mother’s makeup and skin care drawer. I never lost the passion for it, and now, at 64, I’m more passionate about it than ever!
- Name 3 things women over 50 should do for their skin. Three things that women (or men) should do for their skin over age 50 (or any age really) is #1 to eat clean healthful food and drink plenty of water. #2 Watch stress levels. Stress is brutal on our skin so anything you can do to lessen stress is helpful. Yoga, meditation, taking time for yourself doing something you enjoy, having pets are good examples of what can be done. #3 Use clean skin care products with state of the art actives that trick your skin into acting (and looking) younger than it is.
- If you had a woman choose 3 products to use daily to improve collegen and reduce fine lines what would they be? What is one of your mainstay products? I feel that every one needs to use a good Retinol, Vitamin C Serum and SPF. Those 3 products alone cover a lot of ground. In addition, I’m addicted to my All-In-One Anti-Aging Cream because it contains several of the actives that are in my individual products. It’s a real time saver. I also can’t live without my GHK-Cu Copper Peptide Amino Complex.
- Any advice on women over 50 who are trying to improve their skin? In addition to what I already mentioned about the over 50 crowd, an investment to make to improve skin is an LED photo rejuvenation device. I also believe in fillers, especially the ones made with hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that we have in our bodies that declines with age. I get fillers and the RN who does them told me that mine last several months longer because of my skin care products. I LOVE that they prolong the life span of fillers. Fillers typically last 8 months, I can go a year without needing to have them done again.
- How is NCN Skincare different from some of the other products out there on the market, and how does one choose the right product for them? My products are different in several ways. One of them is that I keep my formulas clean. By that I mean that I don’t add unnecessary fillers to make a formula more “cosmetically pleasing”. I like to use as few ingredients as I can to get the most of out a formula. I also use high amounts of actives in my products. If an active works better at a higher usage rate than what the suggested usage rate is, I’ll use the higher percent. An example is my Multi-Active Peptide Matrixyl Serum 25%. It has a high percent of the Matrixyl family of actives in it. It would be more cosmetically pleasing if it had less actives in it. Also, my Vitamin C+ Serum has raw glutathione in it. Raw glutathione smells like sulfur. Fortunately, the smell dissipates once it’s massaged into your skin. When someone registers on my website, they’re automatically offered a free skin analysis that I personally do. It’s a fillable form with specific questions about their skin. It’s so helpful to me! But people are pretty good about selecting the right products. I have a lot of information about each product on my website. I also have kits available that address specific skin concerns; that’s a great way to start using my products, and they’re discounted at 20% off.
On another note, I do really love the NCN Professional Skincare website. There is a wealth of information on each product, it’s benefits, how to use, and description, along with some videos. It is very imformative!
DO CHECK OUT NCN PROFESSIONAL SKINCARE.
I know this weekend is Mother’s Day. Perhaps you want to think of self-care and treat yourself to some great skin care!
NCN Professional skincare GIFTED these items to me, as always my opinions are honest.
Have a great weekend and Happy Mother’s Day!
If you missed my post- Florals for Mother’s Day, check it out!
Fancy Friday hosted by Nancy of Nancy’s Fashion Style
Friday Favorites hosted by Lizzie of Lizzie in Lace
Fab Favorites hosted by Lauren of Style Elixir
Fun Fashion Friday hosted by Dawn Lucy of Fashion Should Be Fun
Fabulous Friday hosted by Jennie of A Pocketful of Polka Dots
Fashion Friday hosted by Jo-Lynne of Jo-Lynne Shane
Style Wise hosted Cheryl of Northwest Mountain Living