25 Jan Shopping My Closet- How to Style Dark Florals
Do you have some dark floral dresses in your closet and you are not sure how to style them? I’m talking about ways to style dark and moody florals on the blog today.
The beauty of a dark floral is that it certainly can be worn any time, but particulary lends itself to the Fall-Winter season Those dark and moody florals that you may have hanging in your closet are begging to come out.
Ways to Style Dark Florals
I have taken this Karina dress, a fit and flare style with tiny brown and tan flowers with a touch of mint and styled it one way. There are plenty of options in styling a dark floral.
- Pattern Mixing. This smaller scale floral dress could be paired with another print in the same scale adding visual interest.
- Masculine Feminine- I love this dichotomy and have shown it in this post, where I suggest combat boots with a dark floral print. ( They are also trending) If you aren’t into combat boots, the chunky chelsea boot would be a fun mix as well.
- Plaids- This is still pattern mixing, but these brown and rust tones could lend itself nicely to a plaid blazer. Add over top of the dress, but make sure the plaid isn’t too large scale.
- Pop of Color- I chose to add texture here with the black JJ Winters croc bag, but could have swapped it out for my red Prada bag adding a pop of color to this look
- Moto Jacket- Keep the look edgy by wearing a moto jacket.
My choice of fish-net stockings gave this feminine look a bit of edginess. Stockings are a great way to add additional texture to a look.
I don’t know about you, but I have to look at the calendar to remember what day it is! Over the weekend the weather was warmer than the norm for Charlotte, so we did eat out by the Lake at less busy time. It was good to be outside and enjoy a meal with my hubby and mom. It wont be long before she gets her first vaccine shot.
I wrote about things I have been eating, reading , doing and watching on Friday’s post, if you missed that. I just finished “Reckoning,” which stars an actor from one of my favorite campy shows, “True Blood.” He plays the character Leo, a high school guidance counselor with some deep dark secrets. It started off quite interesting, but at 10 episodes was drawn out a bit too long. A much better program could have made it in 5 and kept the interest with the audience. Not bad, and entertaining- a good escape.
How do you style dark florals?
Cardigan H&M ( similar style)
Dolce Vita booties- Nordstrom
JJ Winters clutch
brooch- Etsy vintage
PLEASE STOP BY TOMORROW AND JOIN ME FOR TURNING HEADS TUESDAY – A BLOGGER LINKUP!